• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pinch and zoom is not working

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new update this feature stop working on my computer. Is there anyone with the same issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Pinch and Zoom in Photoshop is not working.

Which version of Photoshop are you using and what is your computer's OS?

Do you have the Enable Gestures option checked in the Photoshop Preferences? 

Also, please check that these options are enabled:

• Preferences > Tools – Zoom with Scroll Wheel.
  • Preferences > Tools – Zoomed Clicked Point to Center (to center the location of the cursor click point to the center of the screen)

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEs, please check in Help>system info the exact version of Photoshop, and your operating system .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, but now moving any direction on my trackpad just zooms. I can't get it to scroll at all. Not to mention the fact that I still can't figure out how to make Photoshop stop scrolling the wrong way (when I'm able to scroll at all.) I'm losing my mind, honestly. What am I paying for? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ME TOO!!!!! PLEASE SOLVE THIS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. If i restart photoshop its back but its a pain in the rear end and breaks 5-6 times a day. only started happening with the new update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, please spell out the version number, are you talking about 23.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem 23.5.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit late, but please let us know what the GPU status says in the Help menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Pinch and zoom (Mac) works at the beginning of the section then it stops working and even restarting the application won't work (v24.0.1).
Update: it started working again out of nowhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop -> preferences -> tools.  Uncheck gestures. hit ok. go back in and enable gestures. Annoying but fixes it everytime it breaks for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue and did this, and it didn't seem to work for me. If anyone else has a solve, let us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add some potentially useful context here: This keeps happening to me too. I've noticed it just randomly fixes itself. But, I also noticed that it isn't limited to Photoshop. It also appears to happen simultaneously with Powerpoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It would be nice for everyone affected to try to check if it is not a combination of software that causes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, it's not working in Illustrator or Photoshop. It's really annoying—this bug just fractures my workflow when it happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only second that. At some point this sarted to happen with all Adobe Creative Suite products (PS, AI, InDesign). This is drinving me crazy. A simple restart fixes the problem but this is not a sustainable workflow. Please fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this seems to have been an issue for a long time. Trackpad zoom / pinch and zoom stops and starts working for me on a daily basis. At least twice a day. Please fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still not working. please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same issue and it's really annoying! On regular basis I can not zoom in and out using the trackpad, which is essential since I do not have a mouse and prefer the trackpad to the shortcuts. Unfortunetely I can not reproduce, or tell what starts the problem. At some point I just can not zoom anymore using the trackpad.

Enable Gestures option is checked, disabling/enabling it again does not help

When I enable "Zoom with Scroll Wheel" "Zoomed Clicked Point to Center " I can zoom again but not to a certain part and furthermore I can't place the photo where I need it, so also this is not an option/solution.

I am using Photoshop v 24.5 (had this issue with previous versions too) on macOS Monterey v 12.6.5, only other program running simultanously running is Chrome. 

Please try to fix this, restarting photoshop is not really a prctical solution.

Thank you very much! Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Old post, but here is one solution - Holding Alt key while pinching works exactly like it should be. (Not sure about Mac)  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines