• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixels are being deleted from my selection when I cut and paste it as a new layer?

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to make a selection of the clear part on a glass bottle. Cut the selection, paste it as a new layer and lower the opacity to make it transparent to give it a more realistic look. However, when I try this now it always deletes pixels around the selection leaving a gap between the new and old layers.

If anyone could help me fix this problem it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 4.05.30 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the commands in Select>Modify to edit your selection.
The best way for low quality images is to use the Pen Tool to make the perfect selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop Preferences? They can be found in the Photoshop menu on a Mac and the Edit menu on Windows. Within the General tab is the button Reset Preferences On Quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, when I try this now it always deletes pixels around the selection leaving a gap between the new and old layers.

By @YBLee123

Let me guess you have problem with anti-aliasing https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/key-concepts/aliasing-anti-aliasing.html. If that is not the case try suggestions above. By the way, judge at 100% view. There are numerous work-arounds like to copy, not to cut content or to use healing brush or to simply enlarge content for single pixel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would you provide more screenshots for what you do exactly?!
It is about the way you making selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines