• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playboy Font?

Participant ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to replicate a Playboy-type centerfold pic and cannot seem to locate the type style used by them.

Does anyone know what font they use?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

If you are using CC, do you know you can do this?

You have to drag the bounding box to encompass the text you want to test, and it searches your installed and TypKit fonts.  If you select one of the TypeKit fonts then it will sync it if you have not already maxed out your synced fonts limit.

In this case the already included ​Rockwell Extra Bold looks like a good match, but it is improved by reducing the width/height aspect ratio.  I know that typography purists will be feinting at the thought of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You could use this online finder : WhatTheFont! « MyFonts

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but these results all appear to be fonts for sale.

I'm looking for something included in CS6...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check DaFont.com - there are several knockoffs available there. Playtoy etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't see that listed there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Are you trying to reproduce the official LogoType, or something else ? If the former, also search Google Image for example.

If you can not find a font similar, just hand draw it.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font used on the centerfolds.

I was able to cobble something, but it looks like the PB type is slightly stretched for increased height.

When I do this in PS, all the letters look good, except the 'O', which is distorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Playboy uses a custom typeface from Okay Type (Other Notable Font Releases of 2015 – Typographica ) as well as Alright Sans and Harriet (www.okaytype.com).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure this was used for the centerfolds, but is a step in the right direction, for sure...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I objectively like the typefaces you referenced, but Alright Sans is (obvi) a sans serif. The PB centerfold type is clearly serif. Got any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using CC, do you know you can do this?

You have to drag the bounding box to encompass the text you want to test, and it searches your installed and TypKit fonts.  If you select one of the TypeKit fonts then it will sync it if you have not already maxed out your synced fonts limit.

In this case the already included ​Rockwell Extra Bold looks like a good match, but it is improved by reducing the width/height aspect ratio.  I know that typography purists will be feinting at the thought of modifying a font this way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I'm using CS6, which doesn't seem to offer this.

I am looking to match the centerfold type, which is different than the style used on the cover.Who marked this as answered?

Surely not I...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines