• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

please help, i seem to have lost all my cloud files!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im in a huge panic and really need help. I hopped on photoshop today to find every single one of my creative cloud files GONE, including a uni assessment due very soon. Im freaking out. i have looked through the deleted files section of the creative cloud app, nothing, i have looked for multiple creative cloud file folders, still nothing. Its like the files never even existed. 

I did a disk cleanup a few days ago for an unrelated issue, but to try and remedy any loss that couldve occured, i ran a complete hard drive search using disk drill, which still came up with nothing. Its as if these files never even existed? and if the issue was on my end and i deleted the files somehow accidentally, firstly how are they not on the cloud when it is listed as cloud storage, and secondly, they shouldve appeared in my disk drill intensive search. 
i am on the brink of a meltdown because of this, please please help i am at a loss of what to do. 

Im running windows 10, and using cc photoshop 2021

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Is there any chance you have multiple Adobe IDs and are signed in with the wrong one? The files are attached to your login.

Try going to https://creativecloud.adobe.com/cc/ and confirm you are properly signed in.

Click "Files" to go to https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents . Do you see anything here? 

BF8742F2-9164-4263-B5D1-591CB4CC3FB0.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rose5C83 In your account, under Files, did you check the trash as well?

ETA: Ah, I see on reading your post again, you did check the deleted files. Well, if you didn't have backups somewhere else, I don't know what the solution will be. You could try to get on with Adobe tech support?

Onlinee Chat: https:/helpxx.adobe.com/contacthtmllrghtuppautoOpenn (type AGENT to get a live person)

Phone:Monday–Fridayy, in the US, 24 hours per day. All support phone numbers are listed here: https:/helpxx.adobe.com/contact/phonehtmll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i mean its my fault for not having backups... i trusted that the creative cloud was a good place to store work so as to not fill up my storage, guess i learnt my lesson on that part.

ill have to call adobe support, as im registered under a university plan i am told that i need to direct all tech issues to my IT deparment, however my university only loosely deals with adobe, and it is more of an added extra for certain degrees, so they wont have access to any answers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rose5C83 Understood. I put the direct chat and phone links above. Fingers crossed for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, i really appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How were your documents stored? Were they :

a. Cloud documents - accessed via the CC app under Your Files and stored as PSDC. If this check under "Deleted" in the CC app.

OR

b. Files stored as PSD, TIFF , JPEG ...etc in your local Creative Cloud Files folder and  synced to the Creative Cloud storage. These are accessed through the CC app by using File > Go to Creative Cloud Web. In this case go to the web page via the aformentioned menu in the app and check under "Deleted".

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, under the CC "Files" tab there are the choices, "Your files" "Your libraries" "Shared with you" "Deleted". Is there another place @Rose5C83 should be looking? Because both of those (i.e., also File > Go to Creative Cloud Web) take me to the same place. Thanks!

JainLemos_0-1650560295503.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use the Web page (via File > Go to Creative Cloud Web) you have separate tabs for both Cloud docs and Synced files. Check both, the documents may still exist.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from memory, they were all saved directly to cloud documents, as i did this to save space. I checked my deleted files tab as you suggested, and it shows nothing at all, as if there were no files to begin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any chance you have multiple Adobe IDs and are signed in with the wrong one? The files are attached to your login.

Try going to https://creativecloud.adobe.com/cc/ and confirm you are properly signed in.

Click "Files" to go to https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents . Do you see anything here? 

BF8742F2-9164-4263-B5D1-591CB4CC3FB0.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh my goodness thank you. I was convinced i was using the same account, because its linked to my university, however apparently they are under two different emails (i have no idea how). I logged in with my university email which was still technically the same account, yet everything was under my recreational email.

thank you, this prompted me to really think about my accounts. i was prompted a few days ago to sign in due to some kind of error and must have used the wrong one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @Rose5C83 and we are all super happy for you. I was hoping this would be the reason because it would be the easiest fix.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant, Jane! So happy for you, @Rose5C83!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much everyone for the quick replies, and help!! you really saved an exhausted uni student

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to see it's sorted - and well done Jane for suggesting that.

Next step - start up a back up regime for your PC. Don't rely purely on cloud storage you could at some stage have log in issues. There is software available that will allow you to make automatic backups every day (I use Macrium). That way, the worst that can happen is you step back a day.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea to include the info about backups @davescm .

Because others will read this later, I'll also add that:

• Macrium is Windows-only 
  • macOS has built-in automatic backup software called Time Machine — which has to be enabled in System Preferences

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great advice. The built-in Windows automatic backup tool, File History, is here:

JainLemos_1-1650568066155.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are right to point out that Windows itself has back up facilities. It is though still worth examining the independents as they offer full restore of all the disk images, paritions and files, including the operating system, applications, and data files to any date in the back up set.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ever since my wife lost a ton of movies on some cloud account, we don't ever use that type of storage medium. It all seems so hip and modern, but I prefer the old-fashioned backup to my own physical drive. Having said that, I'm glad the OP had the issue resolved. Good community support here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines