Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plug-in to Extract Camera RAW Metadata

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2007 Sep 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am new to Photoshop plug-in development and reading the Photoshop SDK helped a little, but not much.

Because Photoshop doesn't have the tools and also because there are no plugins available that are capable of extracting all or specific metadata from different RAW camera files that my company needs, I am left with the job of writing a plugin to specifically extract the necessary metadata from these RAW camera files.

I am looking through all the categories of different types of plugins(import, export, file format, filter, etc.) that I have to decide that fits the purpose that I am trying to accomplish. Being new at this, I am even stuck there.

So if anyone have some tips that can get me started and help me on my way during development, any help will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

T. Tran
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2007 Nov 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat.

I'm also trying to extract some metadata to incorporate into a web gallery template (specifically to show the original filename against the current filename for tracking, and archival cross-reference). Dealing with a large number of images (in the hundreds of thousands) any way to do this would relieve a lot of redundant data entry.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wondering if you found a solution to add metadata via Camera Raw?

(or plugin as you mentioned)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines