• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to capture sequence of keyboard shortcuts to a file?

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2010 Jan 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I'm curious to know if it's possible to write a plugin with Photoshop's SDK in order to capture all users' successful keyboard shortcuts to a file.  For example, if a user hit the "v" key that led to selecting the Move Tool on the tool palette, would it be possible to record that hotkey combo to a text file on disk?  Are there any hooks into that level of Photoshop?

Thanks for your time and help!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Jan 21, 2010 Jan 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think there is any (publicly available) PS API that would do what you want. You should be able to monitor keyboard activity by adding low-level (and platform-specific, of course) hooks into a resident automation plugin, however relating keyboard shortcuts to specific PS events may be quite tricky as many of them are 'silent', from the listener plugin point of view, which probably makes it close to impossible to create a perfect one-to-one model, if this is what are you are interested in. You should be able to provide a partial solution for some specific cases though, so I guess the feasibility of what you are trying to achieve here depends on the scope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines