• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing in photoshop CS5 problem

New Here ,
May 08, 2010 May 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IN photoshop CS5 when you select to print 8 copies of an image only one comes out of the printer...

worked fine with cs3 cs4

any input?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 02, 2010 Jun 02, 2010

Well, nobody reported these print problems until CS5 had been out a few weeks.

We're looking into it, and have identified some of the underlying problems (older printer drivers not working with the Vista/Win7 printing system).

It may be a while before we (and Microsoft) can come up with a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 118 Replies 118
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2010 Jul 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still waiting on a fix to printing profile targets  with no color management. That option is missing in CS5. Adobe supposedly will have a stand alone program to print profile targets. Any one know when this might be released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The profile target printing program is being tested.

There are more complications in the process than you would think.

(drivers, why did it have to be drivers?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Cox wrote:

(drivers, why did it have to be drivers?)

Heh.  Welcome to the Windows world, where the most important things have been left to 3rd parties, ensuring they're virtually unintegrated with the OS by virtue of Microsoft's "simply stellar" documentation quality.

Perhaps Adobe should consider partnering with a top notch workstation company (e.g., Dell) and marketing a premium design workstation, preconfigured with software and hardware guaranteed to work together, verified by your lab, and with its own update path.  You could probably sell a bunch of 'em.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Top Notch: As long as it does not have a virus on the motherboard like Dell found on some of theirs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brand new computer, brand new installation of CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI

Some people posting on the internet with Windows 7 64 bit printing problems solved the issue with a bios update. The computer may be new but there are always Bios updates posted for problems found after shipment.

Also ensure that the printer has Windows 7 64 bit certified drivers installed:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895612

Also ensure you printer is set to print image only and not text and image. Searching for text that is not there can cause it to slow down.

Virus scanning. I have mine not to scan anything related to Photoshop. Also if your anti-virus scans the photo before printing that can slow things down too.

You can set the print spooler to a higher priority in Task Manager. see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris --

Not to hijack this thread, but Is the driver/CS5 printing issue you're noting at all related to what we're experiencing here??

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2998786

We're trying to sort out a way to address our results and finding ourselves without viable color managed workflow options.

Hoping for some insight.

- Bonnie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, not directly related.

Here we were just talking about the lack of a non profiled print (for calibration targets).  This is gone in CS5 because we had too many problems with OS APIs and drivers to get it working reliably.

What you are discussing is either getting the settings wrong, or a bug in the driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STILL having problems with print speed to my Dell 3130cn.  The printer drivers are up to date, and I have no issues printing from all other applications.  It is taking 2-3 minutes before the job starts printing, even though the printer receives the job immediately.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  I don't have access to CS4, and I'm not going to install CS2 again.  Why should I have to close CS5 and open CS2 just to print a freaking file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is taking 2-3 minutes before the job starts printing, even though the printer receives the job immediately.

What OS?

My guess is that you have older drivers that aren't happy with Vista/Win7 print APIs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2010 Aug 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Running CS5 on snow leopard  + photoshop with the latest update as of today, trying to use Epson Stylus Pro 9800 with the latest drivers from epson.  When we go into the print option box nothing at all happens when we click the "Print settings" button.  You can click it as much as you like and nothing happens.  I can still print yet don't have and options i.e paper stock and fine tuning prints.

Any idea's?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 06, 2010 Aug 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to have wandered into the windows room. The MAC peeps hang out in the MAC room that is located down the hall, the third door on the left just past the empty water cooler. Or just follow this link.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/photoshop_macintosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2010 Aug 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry for the delay in replying I Have talked with Dell and they tell me it's the printer's print drivers. Epson and they say it's the computer's Windows 7 drivers..I plan to call Microsoft next..When I click 'print' I get 5 minutes or more delay at each step. I just wait after clicking the "Printer Settings" button, sometimes that it takes a little longer. I look at the computer 'blinking light'  If it stops, which it does rarely I right click it 'printer settings ' button again and it continues .. So far my patience is holding out..I can always print whatever I want..When I have to change print settings, paper type etc..for photographs it may take up to 40 minutes to complete the process, meanwhile the presently active screen is 'frozen'. By 'pinning' icons to the bottom of the screen, so that I can see them,  I can continue to work on those features while I wait..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2010 Aug 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richardshobby, try deleting the file C:\Program data\Epson\Printer\EPAUDS01.AUD as mentioned in http://forums.adobe.com/message/3044669#3044669

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7..is for the birds.. The printer [Epson Artison 50] work fast before I purchased a new Dell with Windows 7. Now it takes anywhere from 5 to 21 minutes to print depending on what settings I have to change in printer preferences. The  Epson Tech rep says it's the computer. Dell rep says it's the printer, and now I am reading all this data and problems others are having which make it sound like CS5 is the cause..Does anyone know a good workaround, I hate waiting 21 minutes for my color images to primt on glossy paper.  .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richardshobby.

I know this idea is a drag and very time consuming. But consider reinstalling both win 7 and cs5. I had several issues which you see in the forum. My print times were very slow from hitting the print button to the time the printer began to spit. I found out that I had a bad ram stick and replaced it. Chris Cox suggested reinstalling the win 7 which also forced me to reinstall the cs5. I have had no trouble with my win7 64 bit and the cs 5 programs. they work quickly and the color drivers for Epson 4800 and several epson papers as well as Silver Museo and Moab papers are working as expected. It is a real drag to have to reinstall all the software but it is still paying off ... who knows what lurks around the corner...but this process took care of the faulty long long wait.

Z

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I am working on a project that has to be completed by Tuesday, so Wednesday AM I'll let you know how it all turns out..I feel confident with Photoshop , but not so with any other program. Windows 7 came with my new Dell, so I will have to see if i have an installation disc.. Again thank you.. I was getting ver frustrated..  Dick B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 05, 2010 Jun 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new computer with Windows 7 32-bit installed on it.  I installed all of my software and printing to a Dell 3130cn works beautifully except from Photoshop CS5.  Until that point, I always used Photoshop CS2.  Print speeds used to be fantastic.  I thought the problem was with the Windows 7 32-bit so I had the computer reformatted and 64-bit was installed so that I could reach all 8GB of RAM on my 3.6GHz machine (high-end graphics card too).  I am still experiencing delays of 3-5 minutes per photo.  This includes photos no larger than 1-2MB in size.

All printer drivers are current, and all Microsoft and Adobe updates have been applied.

I can't function like this.  Again, printing is very fast using all other applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe PDF, etc.)  This is restricted to Photoshop only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last update of PS5 seems to have fixed my profile problems. When I print I now get the colors I am expecting. The print interface is a bit slower then it was in CS4 but nothing on the order that some in the forum are experiencing. As for printing multiple copies, like another person posted, the answer is to set the number in the printer preferences dialog boxes not in the Print window in PS. Can't wait for a full update that addresses everyone's problems printing with the new Vista/Win7 print engine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bottom line is that CS5 does not work the same way CS4 or CS3 worked

in terms of printing and retaining the current settings..the update didnt do anything

for me....I just retouch my photos in cs5 and print using cs3.... i guess by the time they figure this out it will be time for CS6

Every person has a different configured PC so why should that be the problem MS office never has this problem when they update their programs!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where button "Screen" from a window "Print" in Photoshop CS5 has got to?

(Sending of the multichannel document on postscript printer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I retract my last post. Color profiling issue is still there. Sometimes CS5 prints with the correct profile, sometimes it decides it's not going to...seems to be completely random.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2010 Jul 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SYSTEM INFO:

3GHz, 2GB RAM, WIN XP SP3.

PRINTER INFO:

EPSON Stylus Pro 9880 & EPSON Stylus Pro 7880 V6.52,

COPAL DPB-1000 V2.0,

Xerox DocuColor 240 PSv1.2,

Canon Pro9500 II series.

Problems already mentioned in prior posts on this thread. One additional problem since updating to 12.0.1. Unable to change from Photoshop Manages Color to Printer Manages. If I change it to printer manages, then do page setup it reverts back to photoshop manages. If I adjust printer settings and then change to printer manages it reverts back to photoshop manages. This one issue was not present before updating. All other printing issues still remain with this one gem added to the pile. I have officially given up on using CS5 for printing and have to keep CS4 for printing. All suggestions on forum have been tried with unsuccessful results.

Also, after updating at random any file that is opened will randomly close and disappear(no rhyme or reason).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines