• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing in photoshop CS5 problem

New Here ,
May 08, 2010 May 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IN photoshop CS5 when you select to print 8 copies of an image only one comes out of the printer...

worked fine with cs3 cs4

any input?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 02, 2010 Jun 02, 2010

Well, nobody reported these print problems until CS5 had been out a few weeks.

We're looking into it, and have identified some of the underlying problems (older printer drivers not working with the Vista/Win7 printing system).

It may be a while before we (and Microsoft) can come up with a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 118 Replies 118
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2010 Nov 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just like to input into this thread...

I have Windows 7 and an HP 1015 Laserjet..latest drivers as updated from windows (you dont get this driver from HP).

I too cannot get it to print more than one copy. If I go into the printer settings and it opens the HP dialogue the number of copies is set to the number I want but it still only prints 1 copy. No matter how many times I click done and go back in to the print dialogue I still only get one copy.

Adobe its poor, there are no excuses its just poor testing. You have attempted to create a non windows compliant dialogue and are now blaming the drivers for not working with your dialogue, you have assumed that what works for one driver will work for all. Terrible practise really and you'll make a rod fro your own back. I dont see how you are going to solve this by going from the driver angle there are far to many for you to be able to ensure that they all work.

£700 pound piece of software and I cant print more than one copy at a time, woeful. I dont know if anyone here has ever used ANY product from SAGE but they are the same...constantly writing dialogues and windows which are not windows complient and constantly introducing new bugs because they simply cannot test 'their' implementation with every other combination of hardware/software out there. Thats why there is an API for windows so that every starts from the same point. I used to get similar problem with CS4 in that the window it lives in is not a 'standard' window so it wouldnt resize properly, it never behaved quite how I expected it to and would do weird things, CS5 is the same but at least it now works with windows 7 and will dock to the edges properly (as every other product even it wasnt designed for windows 7 used to do)..stop making your own stuff up!

In fairness though I have no idea how you implement some of the more esoteric colour management options but personally if you have a printer capable of producing colour matched work I am assuming the drivers and associated UI for the drivers manage all that for you.

IS THIS PROBLEM FIXED YET..? I simply cannot print more than one copy at a time and I'm off to CS4 and getting a refund soon!

PS If this turns out to be an issue with the new printing API for vista/7 (which I doubt as vista has been around long enough now for people to notice such a glaring issue - mind you other people may be programming their printer GUIs as standard) I apologise..its still woeful as it should have been picked up, some of these people are using very popular and standard printers, but it might not be your fault, oh and it certainly isnt the chaps faul from Adobe who is answering thse questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2011 Mar 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find out the solution for this? I have the same problem on Win7, changed printer drivers and even changed printer. No luck by changing the number of copies. Any one there?

tried calling support. after 1hr waiting I gave up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2011 Mar 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I was lucky, I played around doing everything under the sun. I uninstalled /reinstalled -unplugged both lines to printer and really finally gave up not knowing what to do next..The next morning when I turned on my computer..everything worked and is still working OK..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2011 Mar 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still had no luck with this, I'm assuming Adobe aren't interested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that Adobe has decided to forget about fixing these issues with software/printer drivers until the CS6 release. They had the global launch of CS5 almost 2 years ago and these issues are still not fixed so I'm guessing they won't be. I'm not a software engineer, so I know I'm not qualified to say, but if my software/printer driver interface works just fine in CS4 then why can't you just port over that interface to CS5 in a nice big update? Hopefully they will do so for CS6 as I can't see anything in CS5's print interface that is dramatically different and worth saving. Not with these troubles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probably right, I still only get one print whether printing to the document writer or any printer (Epson R1900 and SX200).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're already doing what we can.

But we have no control over the code in the drivers.

And next time, read the entire topic before assuming that nothing is being done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please?!?!? stop saying that its drivers. I have tested CS5 on 5 different printers from

3 different brands, and STILL doesnt work. I have tried on HP, XEROX, and Lexmark, all w/the same issue. Not able to update the number of copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And we've done a few orders of magnitude more testing than you.

Not every problem is in the application, and not every problem can be worked around by the application (though we did work around some of this in the CS5 dot releases, but we can't fix it all).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

If we seem to be hard on Abode, ask yourself how you would feel if this were happen to you, keeping in mind that

we are dealing with Adobe.

1 upgrade to CS5 expecting the same smooth transition as previous editions.

2 realize that in CS5 Photoshop the previous print quanity and icc profile is being passed on to the current print job

3 waste  conservatively $1000 to $1500 in canvas and watercolour paper printed with the wrong profiles

4 wait 30- 40 minutes every time technical support is called

5 purchase a new printer thinking it could be old or incompatible drivers -  no change

6 purchase a top of the line Dell x7 series computer - no change

4 waste  tons of time reinstalling CS5 to see if it's a bad install

5 instal  CS5 in another computer running XP- exactly the same problem (still only in Photoshop)

6 receive canned emails stating that my case will be closed I still have the exact problem today as the day I opened the box

Yes Chris we may seem testy but keep in mind we have much higher expectations as we are dealing with a company

that prides itself on its technical excellence.

What I purchased was an upgrade to CS5 what I didn't purchase is 8 months of wasted time and agrivation.

So when you are at your next "How can we improve customer service?" meeting, I you suggest hiring more

technical help hopefully with a higher level of technical expertise that has been displayed so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's remember that Chris is a technician not customer support, I believe. And that these forums are basically the only place that customers can interface with those who actually build PS. That being said, I agree with everything you wrote! My current workflow involves doing most of my work in CS5 and then saving, opening CS4, and printing. Annoying!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right and in hind sight probably should have left off the last couple of

sentences - they were the resulf of all my frustration and the fact there does not

seem to be a solution on the horizon.

Have decided to take CS5 out of the computer and re install CS4, I don't have

any energy left to trying to solve this.

Good luck with your problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2011 Jan 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem which is a pain, especially when printing different images, as it doesn't hold the printer information for the previous print as it used to when I had CS3.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit operating system with an Epson R1900 printer, all the latest drivers as I've just bought a new computer and installed everything recently from scratch.

WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED?!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem, up til now I have been using print preview and the

n hit "cancel" and reprint. The second time with print preview it does print

the correct ICC profile and quantity. Unless I do this it will print the previous

ICC profile and quantity. Wasted lots of canvas and paper since I forget

every once in a while. Has been a huge waste of time in having to do

this for every print job. Wish I could get my money back for CS5 and

go back to CS3 which was trouble free (the good old days).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2011 Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to report this same problem:

Print counts entered through the photoshop CS5 interface are stored and applied only for the next print job.

Problem exists for all 3 printers I tried:

xerox phaser 8560DN PS  -     x28560p  -   5058.1000.0.0

epson stylus pro 3880       -     e_gf1fne  -   6.60.0.0

dell laser MFP 1815 PS    -     dp1815    -   2.40.0.0

Windows 7 64

I also found that this bug has been logged by Adobe--the only fix posted is the workaround to use the print settings interface

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/862/cpsid_86270.html

I normally only print 1 copy and it took forever for me to figure out  what was going on. I'm still going to forget, but at least now I know there's a real problem and it's not just the print queue getting stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2011 Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is not just the print quantity but more important is that Photoshop CS5 uses the previous

print ICC profile. I have ruined countless feet of canvas and watercolour paper because

I forget this on occasion.

The only way I have been able to work with this problem is to print using Print Preview and

then his cancel and print a second time. The second time uses the current print quantity and

the currtent ICC profile. It is very time consuming especially when some of my print files are

one and a half gig. At least I'm able to function and hopefully a fix will be forth coming. This is

not a Windows 7 or 64 bit or Epson or Indesign or Illustrator or Microsoft problem. This is a Photoshop CS5

only problem. I installed CS5 in my old computer running windows XP with a bunch of different printers and

experienced the same problem only in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 12, 2011 Apr 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same problem... and with 50+ people just moved over to CS5 it creates a pretty significant production issue.

I noticed in changing from CS4 to CS5 you guys got rid of the 2nd print confirmation dialog... is there a way to get that back until this problem is corrected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found these steps worked for me concerning the single copy issue

1. Start > Devices and Printers
2. Double-click printer
3. Double-click "Customize your printer"
4. Click "Device Settings" tab
5. Scroll to bottom of page and change "Mopier Mode" to Disabled under the "Installable Options" group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For those of us on network printers, manual printer controls is not a viable option unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines