• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing out of CS5 on Epson 7900 prints gray in paper white areas?

Explorer ,
May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I print out of CS5 on my Epson 7900 printer, the area around the photograph that is suppose to just be paper white (no ink) is printing a light grey. The grey fills the entire printable area of the sheet of paper. That grey does not print though, on the actual photograph....the photo prints fine. I thought it was the printer, but then I fired up CS4 and printed with no problems at all.....then I went back to CS5 and got the problem again.

I'm using all the current drivers etc. for the printer. I'm on a Mac Pro running SnowLeopard 10.6.3. If anyone has any ideas about what this might be, I'm listening!

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2011 Nov 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Looks like you're both pointing to each other here

As it seemed to work well in a previous version of the OS and that after an OS update it stopped working, it seems more likely the bug is with Apple than with Adobe. However, how come Apple explicitly tells me that you already have a fix for it (in CS6)??? I guess Adobe and Apple need to work this out. Is there anything I can do further? As they blame you, Apple has closed my bug report…

Thanks,

Hayo Baan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we go with the Apple and Adobe blame games again. So reminiscent of the Double Profiling issue when it was a fault of the printer drivers all along.

See post #72.

Instead of Adobe blaming Apple and Apple blaming Adobe why not look at why some Version 4 profiles from some software don't have this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> However, how come Apple explicitly tells me that you already have a fix for it (in CS6)???

I have no idea.  Maybe they confused it with other printing issues?  Or maybe they just never admit to problems until after they ship a fix for it.

We've already done what we can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Remember the problem also occurred in  PSE9 (not 6 or earlier) there is a new PSE10 out.   I will try when back home in a week..

this may be a precurser to CS6...(same PS base)

cheers elo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines