• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Filters (Stained Glass)

Contributor ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't usually a problem, but I'm currently having issues with some of the Filters, particularly the Stained Glass effect. I've tried filling the layer black, white, switching the Foreground and Background colours to black or white afterwards, making sure I'm on a new layer that isn't within a masked subfolder, enabling 'Show all Filter Gallery groups and names' under Preferences/Plug-ins, making sure the Preview eye is enabled in the Filter Gallery, and even restarting Photoshop, but whenever I select the Stained Glass filter, I get nothing. Just a black or white screen. No patterns or anything. Not sure what's wrong or what I could do to fix it. 😕

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

What have you done for generic trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried resetting the Preferences back to defaults and disabling the graphics accelerator. This is what my setup looks like:

Photoshop_tnMElxo4x9.pngPhotoshop_gjK5Zmln8r.pngPhotoshop_RvaEJdsZVL.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you expect »Glass« on black to provide? 

What are your settings for »Stained Glass«? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried black and white. My settings have been changed back and forth and nothing changes. Currently the Distortion - 8, Smoothness - 6, Texture - Frosted, Scaling - 70%. Nothing works.

EDIT: Ahhh, that's why. I was selecting Glass instead of Stained Glass. >_< D'oh. Incidentally, what do you need to do to get the Glass filter to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need a meaningful image not a flat area. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines