• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Generative Fill Button greyed out (age)

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After selection is active, I cannot use the generative fill button. It's visible, but greyed out...

I already switched from german language to english without success.. Please advice. Thanks !

Patrick

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

This issue was fixed with the 24.6 release

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Current known fixes/workarounds for this are listed in this FAQ: 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Everyone, if you are having issues with Generative Fill, please download the latest beta: 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.6.0 20230603.m.2196 77b00e0 x64

and restart Ps beta and see if this solves this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 769 Replies 769
769 Comments
New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imagine my surprise with seeing all of these new YouTube Videos extolling the wonders of Generative Fill? I was drooling and thought, like all others, "Ohh I'll have some of that"! Not so fast matey. 

I'm all up to date on my CC Subs so I went ahead and downloaded the latest Photoshop Beta with GFill. I was welcomed to the screen, "Ooohhh getting closer"... only then to experience a message when I tried to use the feature Generative Fill is not available at this time. 

Hmmm, OK. After searching around it seems that the PlugIn can only be used by those aged 18 and over. Now like most folks I wsn't asked for Age Verification when I signed up for my Creative Cloud account. So how do I go about sorting this out? It seems I am now supposed to create an account with a resource that I have never wanted, used, or needed. Behance? 

So I created an account there. Very easy to do, but I was never asked to verify my age. GFill still not working. OK so I contacted Behance support via their chat feature. Waited in line and then asked where I can find the Age Verification feature so I could unlock GFill. I was met with silence. I was placed on hold and then on her return the support entity suggested they did not have any record of my Adobe Account????

I screenshot my Adobe Account profile page to her showing my 6yrs of subs. She then told me to go to my Adobe Account to verify my age. And thus the circle is closed. There is no place on the Adobe Account settings for me to enter that, not that I can see. I've been going in circles for two hours. Neither Behance nor Adobe make this clear where the age verification setting is so I'll ask that here. 

Where do I enter my Age Verification in either Adobe or Behance for me to get this feature to work? It better be worth it for sure....

Cheers,
Mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I don't know what I did wrong first time.

I didn't change any setting (language, resetting preferences, etc.)

Maybe it has to verify your PC, or something llike that, but after I've restarted the Beta a few times, suddenly the generative wasn't greyed anymore...

Ok, I realized your image has to correspond to a few things, like the mode must be RVB, the image size is also an point, I'll have to test what is the maximum size allowed, finally, if you use another language, the prompts must be in EN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this age restriction be permanent or will it be removed once the feature leaves beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Valentin30081332a4dc_0-1685091306517.png

when I want to use generative AI on a selection, the box is grayed out and cannot be used. can you help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

même problème pour moi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is absolutely nowhere to fill in my birthday on Adobe services including Behance old an d new accounts and that way try to fix update issue with Photoshop Beta. I have an enterprise account. I have latest operating system update on my Mac. I am located in Europe. I have logged in and out and searched updates manually. I guess I just need to go back to Midjourney and traditional layering and masking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour à tous,

j'avais effectivement le même problème.

Version Adobe Photoshop : 24.6.0 20230520.m.2181

Après passage dans Behance et avoir renseigné ma date de naissance, la fonction "remplissage génératif" fonctionne. Etrange mais efficace.

Bon photoshop à tous.

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your image mode anything other than RGB? For example, if CMYK it will be grayed out.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an age limit on the generative filter Photoshop tells me I'm under 18 how do you change that?

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.6.0 20230524.m.2185 0e7139d x64 windows11

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't fake your age to get the beta. You have to be old enough to enter a legally binding agreement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tarja P. at WSOY were you able to download the Beta app at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @blitznmedia are you in a managed account like Enterprise, Teams or Educational? Where are you located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Generative fill" button inactive. I googled that I have to add my birth date, but didn't find where to do it in adobe portal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Valentin30081332a4dc

Why is the Generative Fill button greyed out?
If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do any of the following:
• Log into your Adobe account and enter your Date of Birth. To learn more, see Error: "Not eligible to use Creative Cloud services".
Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but I can only get the earlier version lacking Generative Fill. I've tried all the tricks and jumped all the hoops I can find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tarja P. at WSOY in order to install beta 24.6 uninstall the previous beta first. Then restart your Mac. The new beta should show in your Beta Apps tab. For Enterprise customers, your Adobe account is managed via the Admin console not sure if that still requires you to go to Behance to add your DOB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my problem as well. On top of all this, I've been searching for more than an hour now, where I can ask the support directly, but I can't find it. About half a year ago, I was still able to chat with them. This is getting worse...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the Generative Fill button not available?
If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do any of the following:
• Log into your Adobe account and enter your Date of Birth. To learn more, see Error: "Not eligible to use Creative Cloud services".
Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Boonyagan30075815gkbw Why is the Generative Fill button not available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Gyermie30075777x0xg Why is the Generative Fill button not available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, seems I found a weird bug. I installed Photoshop beta today, and when i want to use "Generativ Fill" i get an error message:

Hanna241299598kx4_0-1685109461430.png

Surprise, i am 29 years old.. I also checked my account but i am not able to write down my birthday anywhere?
Any idea how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Hanna241299598kx4 

Why is the Generative Fill button greyed out if I'm over 18?

If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you and you're over the age of 18, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do either of the following:

• Sign out and sign back in to both the Creative Cloud Desktop app and the Photoshop (beta) app
  • If you sign in using social sign-in (Apple, Google, and Facebook), ensure that your date of birth in that account is set to public instead of private.

Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jane,
"Log into Behance with your Adobe ID and enter your Date of Birth." worked for me, thank you.

But that's a bit complicated, isn't it? 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening the same to me. I don't understand why I receive such notification if I'm 31 years old

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and I'm 71!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate