• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with photoshop and indesign

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 2.38.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-14 at 2.39.44 PM.png

I am dont know why this is happening!! please help! So I created this file in photoshop for a college assignment and we need to save the file as a DCS 2.0 file because as you can see in the images there is pantone colours in the file. But when I follow the teachers directions with the file creation and place in indesign, all of the layers dont show up. It is a large file. Does anyone know why it could be happening? I deleted some files on my computer to make space and I also reset the preferences in Indesign, and made sure the pantones are proper spot colours and still did not work.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I created this file in photoshop for a college assignment and we need to save the file as a DCS 2.0 file because as you can see in the images there is pantone colours in the file.

What are the DCS settings?

Did you include the Channel »Blue car selection« in the DCS? What is it good for? 

But ultimately I would recommend not to waste time on such a file format and use psd instead. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the DCS 2 file settings are..

spot colours enable is checked

and Tiff 8 bit

single file with colour composite

Binary

and include vector data is checked

Yes I included that channel because that was part of my assignment to change the colour of the car with a pantone colour. 

Ill try to use psd instead but we lose a mark if the file is not DCS 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you remove the useless Channel? (Useless in the DCS, in the layered psd it may well be stored.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I removed the blue car selection channel and it still ended up displaying like this...Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 10.27.32 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried turning »View« to »Off« in the »Separations Preview« Panel in Indesign? 

Can you provide the image-file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried turning it off to see but didnt change anything and the dcs 2 file I saved ? or the psd document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either or both, feel free to downsample it if filesize is an issue or you want to make sure the image cannot be properly used by others. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to send the DCS 2 file but it's too large. Ye I probably shouldn't. So I used the psd it worked. And also tried a pdf that worked as well. So I am just going to send it in as either one of those, even if I dont get the mark. Ill just let him know why. 

Somethings is going wrong. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want help figuring out this particular issue you may have to share the file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could also post on the Indesign Forum, maybe someone over there is familiar with the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks as if your DCS2 file is being treated as a greyscale EPS - which is what it really is - rather than as a set of separations. Did you try printing separations from InDesign to a suitable PostScript printer - the only valid way to use DCS2....?

Did the teacher specify DSC2? It's really considered an obsolete format, much more obsolete even than EPS on which it is based. If you had free choice, try placing a PSD or PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really considered an obsolete format

»Indeed, most indeededly …«

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes he wants us to save it like a DCS 2 format in photoshop and bring it into Indesign. In Indesign he wants use to show the separations preview showing the pantones in the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines