• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program Error when adding video to Photoshop CC

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just learned that Photoshop CC is capable of video editing. I watched tutorials on Youtube to learn how to do it. I open the timeline and select create video timeline, then I drag a drop the video I want to edit, but instantly after dropping it I get a program error that says, "Could not complete your request because of a program error." It does not say why or what I should do about it. I tried adding a video that was in .wmv format and then another that was .mp4 format, and I got the same result both times. If, after I get the first program error, I try adding the video again, instead of a second program error, a message opens that says Photoshop is not responding, and I have to close it and start it again. I'm not very computer savvy, so I'm not sure how to interpret error logs, or even find them. Hopefully someone knows how to help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try: File > Open  navigate to your movie, select it and click Open.

The video should appear in the Photoshop video timeline ready for you to edit and render it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but none of those things helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please refer to this article and try resetting the preferences of Photoshop

Preferences in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines