• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program error while opening PSD files in Photoshop 22.5.1 on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a WIN 10 OS desktop pc, running the latest version of Photoshop 2021(version 22.5.1) and I am getting an error message from Photoshop everytime that I try to open a .PSD file from my own computer's hard drive.  The Adobe Photoshop error window states, "Could not complete your request because of a program error."  My only options is to either click, OK, or click on a button that states, "Learn how to fix."  This is really frustrating!  Is anyone else getting the same error dialog box?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021
I fixed the Photoshop error by uninstalling Photoshop and doing a clean install.

Manny Villalpando

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Have you tried the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/program-error-opening-psd.html

If the steps do not help, please try running the diagnostic plug-in mentioned in the article linked above & share the logs on the community thread menitoned in the article.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the Photoshop error by uninstalling Photoshop and doing a clean install.

Manny Villalpando

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm getting the same thing. This issue just started a few days ago. I assume it's some sort of update that screwed something up. Very frustating. I tried using the instructions in the "learn how to fix". I worked for one issue an am getting with most files still.  Grrrrr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines