Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Program error while using Object Selection tool in Photoshop 22.4.2 on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to remove a line in a photo but when I try to make the selection using the Object Selection tool, I get the message "Could not complete your request because of a program error."  PS then locks up for about 20 seconds.

Earlier today, it worked with the same photo but I decided to remove the change and start over because the selection wasn't long enough.  Once I did that, I've had this issue. 

So far, I've tried:

1. Using a different copy of the photo

2. Uninstalling PS and reverting to the previous version.  I'm now on 2.4.1 on a Windows 10 PC.

Neither has worked. 

Any ideas on what's going on?

Thanks,

Mark

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021
Hi, We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.4.2 due to the Program error. Have you tried using a different image instead of another copy of the same file to check if you experience the same issue? You can try the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2JZDqZB If the issue persists, please roll back to Photoshop version 22.3.1 or earlier using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2wH0JjE Please uninstall the latest version of Photoshop first & select the option to Keep Preferenc...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.4.2 due to the Program error. Have you tried using a different image instead of another copy of the same file to check if you experience the same issue?

You can try the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2JZDqZB

If the issue persists, please roll back to Photoshop version 22.3.1 or earlier using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2wH0JjE

Please uninstall the latest version of Photoshop first & select the option to Keep Preferences prior to installing the previous version.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Nikunj,

Thanks very much for the tips.  I'd already tried other photos so I went ahead and rolled back to 22.3.1 and it worked!

Any idea when I'll able to update Adobe again?

Regards,

Mark

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info Mark! Our product team has been able to fix most of the issues that cause the Program error in Photoshop but they are still working on a couple which are left. We currently do not have an offiicial timeline on them.

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  I'll wait a few months before updating.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines