BridgeTalk.appVersion
Result: 12.032

From ESTK, after connecting with PS 12.1

app.version

Result: 12.1.0

BridgeTalk.appVersion
Result: 55.032

Yikes!

Regardless of whether or not it's a bug or a feature, I've got to grep through a bunch of my scripts to see if that '55' bit is going break any of my stuff...

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2011 May 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order for Photoshop 12.0.x and Photoshop 12.1.x to live side by side on your machine this jump in version numbers for BridgeTalk had to be made. This is "as designed" and sorry if it causes headaches in your scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is "as designed" and sorry if it causes headaches in your scripts.

I can deal with it. However, what can I expect for PS13/CS6 for the BridgeTalk version string? 60.032?

-X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, they won't let me speak to future versions. If you want to get in the pre release program try the link below. That is the best way to test your scripts/plug-ins and find out any changes that might be coming. Let me know if this form doesn't get you in.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=prerelease_interest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, they won't let me speak to future versions.

Understood. I need to put a fix in for 12.1/CS5.5.  How I implement that fix differs based on what I think the future version strings are going to look like.

Right now, I'll just special-case or internally remap the BridgeTalk version string and fix it when PS13/CS6 comes out.

If you want to get in the pre release program try the link below.

I'll let you if I have a problem getting on the beta program when the time comes.

Thanks.

-X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines