Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 21.1.0 Problem with Opacity / Fill

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Since the update to PS 21.1.0 (german version) my opacity and fill slider is not working right.
When I click/hold and move the opacity or fill slider in the layer panel, it does not show a live preview.
Usually as long as I hold and move the slider there's always a live preview at every percentage. (no matter how many layers I have)

But with 21.1.0 it does not seem to work anymore, I click/hold and move the slider, but there is no preview - only when I release the mouse button it will show the difference. Unfortunately it is very annoying to find the right percentage of opacity/fill when you don't have that preview.
I'll probably have to use the older PS version until this is fixed.

I also have a feeling that the overall performance is slowed.
When I use a color balance layer on top of other layers, moving the sliders seem to stutter some times.
It worked better with the older version for me.
But the opacity/fill thing is way more important for me...

Are these known bugs?
Is there any solution to it?

I'm using a i5-6600K with 32GB RAM, SSD and GTX 1050Ti  @ Windows 10.

Please tell me if you need a PSD or anything, that may help.
Thank you very much!
With best regards
Malu83

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be a country keyboard problem 21/1.0 US Keyboard setup work OK the preview is not very smooth it seem to be jumping a bit delayed.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply!
I don't see how it may be connected to the keyboard.
Preview in 20.0.8 works very well and fluid.

It's currently really not working for me. In most cases I hold and drag the opacity to 50% but there is no preview.
Only when I release the mouse I see the preview. It's very bad to work with and takes a lot of my time.
It would be kind of okay (but not good) if it jumps to preview after a second, but it does not. 
It seems to be broken, like a bug.
Can anyone else confirm?

Just try some color lookups layers and try to change the opacity percentage while holding and moving the slider.

With best regards
Malu83

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that the live preview is not working for me either and a couple of other people in this thread, if you scroll down to the most recent post

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/layer-opacity-doesn-t-update-in-real-time/td-p/10617744

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, so it's not my computer or the german PS version! 🙂
Thank you! I hope Adobe can fix it soon.

If I may add a suggestion:
It would be awesome, if you can click on the opacity/fill slider, then use the mouse wheel to change the percentage instead of moving the whole mouse. I feel that sometimes it is not accurate to move the mouse.
In Lightroom all sliders can also be clicked then changed by using the mouse wheel which I really enjoy, it's so much more comfortable!
I was always wondering why it does not work in the flagship Photoshop?
Would be great for color balance sliders, camera raw filter etc.
Also the double click to reset sliders would be great.

Have a nice day!
With best regards
Malu83

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Feedback Forum is the place to report bugs, you can also post ideas there too, such as the suggestion you made above

I see that someone already has reported the bug on the feedback forum, I'll post a link to this thread there as well

Photoshop 21.1 Layer opacity does not change while moving the slider

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues. No live preview, I only can see the changes after releasing the slider bar. In previous version I didn't have this problem and was able to see opacity effect while sliding the bar in "live preview"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can roll back to version 21.0.3 from the CC app

2020-02-21 10_28_16-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, I value your time and help but it's "useless" I mean it's useless in this case.... let's be honest.... This bug not really effect my work but still really, really annoying, will wait for the next update and hopefully they will fix. What the point to get a new update? if each time when there's will be a bug I can roll the version back? If that the point then I would stuck with Photoshop 1.0  😁 I know this is not your fault about bug, no questions to you, Cheers 🙏🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree, Adobe of late seem to cause more issues than they fix with the updates, I rolled back to 21.0.3 and all is working fine again, here's another bug they introduced

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/21-1-0-transform-tool-alt-clic-to-set-axis-point/td-p/10939...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah there's some issues with it. But they will fix it😁🙏😁😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, we are working on a fix for this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Going back to 21.0.3 worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines