PS 23 - Liquify mesh problem - Remembering Automatically

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is now automatically loading the last liquify mesh every time... and I have to click "restore all" each time I go to use the filter on a new image, this adds a step on every image thats a huge workflow killer - checked prefs, no way to disable this?

Does anyone know a solution?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, but a good starting point would be the product to work without this kind of very basic issue or at least someone from Adobe should come into this forum to say something like: "Dear customer, we are sorry about that horrible bug but we will include the fix in the upcoming update.".

As customers we are not supposed to have to troubleshoot anything in the product.

It is similar to buying a car with a defect and then when you call the manufacturer they ask you to get your toolbox to tighten screws yourself.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• One needs to do at least basic trouble-shooting of the application oneself if issues arise. Who else has access to that specific installation on that specific OS, driver, hardware, … combination? (edited)

• Bug Reports and Feature Requests on this Forum are perused by Adobe personnel but need not necessarily receive an official response; other posts might get attention from Adobe employees but basically this part is a user Forum. 

• A bug is not just »everything that acts differently from what I want«. 

If you personally experience issues and want to talk about those please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

And as for the ever popular car-analogy: 

If your car’s tank is empty it is up to you to take care of that, similar for oil, battery, windshield wiper fluid … 

So »The car won’t start« does not yet merit either the manufacturer’s immediate attention or an apology. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bla bla bla... thank you for your lessons dear bootlicker.

Let's get to the basics. Where in the documentation it is written that Liquify always load the previous mesh? If that is not documented anywhere, then the product should not do it in any supported computer. If Adobe wanted it to perform this way, then I still find it dumbness from their software engineers, but then it would not be a bug.

You want to make a point about the problem being on my side or how I want the software to work, and I think your mind is amazing. Thanks teacher for letting me know that is my responsibility to fix this bug with that fantastic workaround.

And for the car, you seem experienced in defending a point about it. I am not leaving in the forums, so I have no idea if that analogy was ever used before. In fact Adobe products serve me to something else than uselless debates on the internet. So I will leave it to you, teacher. One last point that can hopefully contribute to your next debate: Still in the car analogy, maintenance of cars is up to you. Defects that came from manufacturer are different story. Resetting configuration is part of any car maintenance?

For anyone that finds this thread in the future, hopefully it is a good reference for the "help" you may get here.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If something in an application does not perform as expected (including different from the manner described in the documentation), even if it does so for some others but not for everybody else using that program, you should do the maintenance – trash the prefs, perform basic trouble-shooting, … 

If that idea is anathema to you I wonder what help you could expect to get on a user Forum anyway. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines