• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 25.5.1 Updating stuck at 41% on Macbook Pro 2020

Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else having trouble with the update on an Intel Mac? I have a Macbook Pro 13", 2020, running Sonoma 14.3.1. PS 25.5 is installed and working. The Creative Cloud app is trying to install the upgrade to (I presume) 25.1.1. It got stuck at 1%, and I tried to cancel but nothing happened, it was stuck in the install process. So I completely rebooted my system. Now it's progressed to 41% but has been stuck there for over an hour. I can still open PS 25.5, and I can navigate the UI of the CC Desktop app, but again the installation seems to be stuck.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

An update: I tried cancel again, and this time I was in fact able to cancel. After churning for a few minutes, it showed me that 4 other apps (which had been "waiting") all got updated during the seemingly stalled time. So apparently while the UI looked like it was stuck on the PS install, it was actually somehow installing the other apps' updates (Indesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, etc).

I restarted the PS update and it has now breezed through and completed in a more normal amount of time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An update: I tried cancel again, and this time I was in fact able to cancel. After churning for a few minutes, it showed me that 4 other apps (which had been "waiting") all got updated during the seemingly stalled time. So apparently while the UI looked like it was stuck on the PS install, it was actually somehow installing the other apps' updates (Indesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, etc).

I restarted the PS update and it has now breezed through and completed in a more normal amount of time. 

Very strange indeed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines