Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

PS CC 2021 opens new files in cropped window

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so starting earlier in October 2021 my Photoshop CC 2021 (Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave iMacPro) opens all new files in a window that is roughly 1/4th the size of the whole file. (see attached file) Over the last 20 years or so, Photoshop has always opened all files as "fit to screen" meaning they usually open showing the entire image in a window as large as possible that still fits on whatever monitor size I have...I am not sure if it is a preference that has gone haywire or a bug...Please advise

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 9.37.50 AM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021
You'll have to choose which behavior you prefer or you can set up a Script Event to set the document the way you want with Overscroll enabled: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/fit-on-screen-automatically-in-photoshop/m-p/10576298  Photoshop used to default with "Overscroll" off. In recent versions, this setting was set to on.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Preferences > Tools... and uncheck "Overscroll" does it work correctly?

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no, it didnt make any difference. Thanks for trying though 🙂

It seems to be including the entire artboard on screen and the "View/Fit Artboard On Screen" is grayed out.

Not sure what is going on here, but it affects all scrolling even when I do a command-0 and it shows entire image, the scrolling wants to include the entire artboard in all directions.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait, sorry, that did do something. It still opens new images in the cropped window but the including of the artboard in the entire image is now gone. So when I I hit Command-0 and have the whole image showing, there are no longer scroll bars (see attached)Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 10.46.54 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-25 at 10.46.32 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to choose which behavior you prefer or you can set up a Script Event to set the document the way you want with Overscroll enabled: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/fit-on-screen-automatically-in-photos... 

Photoshop used to default with "Overscroll" off. In recent versions, this setting was set to on.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That works well!

But I dont know why this became an issue I had to correct with a script like that. (analogy is having to write a script that tells my car to start the engine when I turn the key 😉 ) But whatever, it works so thank you! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines