• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS flickering on external monitor

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I use a MBP 16" with i7 6 core processor, AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB and 16 GB of RAM. All my SW is up to date. I also use a Benq GW2480-B coonected over a cable by iVanky, USB C to HDMI, model LANVADA-C31. None of all other apps I used give this issue: Luminar 4, C1 express, Aurora HDR 2018, BR o LrC. I did not try with Gimp or Affinity Photo.

I tryed to connect the Mac to my TV, with the same cable, same issue. I doubt it is a the cable since the problem is relate only to the picture, not to the interface.

Here is a link to a video that is showing the problem: youtu.be/we_uBvQSlTk

I restore Mac OS completely: ko. I cleaned tro clean everythyng with cc cleaner tool and reinstall all again: ko. The Adobe support suggested to disable the GPU use in PS, but this is a problem for me since I need the liquify filter.
Any idea?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to change the external monitor settings in Mac OS as well, both color profile and frequency: KO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be very suspicious of the cable or the port on the MBP or monitor. Have you tried all of the USB-C ports? Same problem? I would try another cable before anything else. I'm using an old Dell external monitor with my MBP 16" through and adapter dongle. No problems like your.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I did not try with another cable though I did try to change the port to the second one on the same side of the Mac: KO.

I doubted it was a cable problem since I thought if it was it should hit al programs and also PS interface, whereas it hits only the picture side and it's even intermittent.

I am ready to buy another cable and try it out though, can you suggest anything? Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried to reduce the resolution of the screen to 720p and it stops flickering, but it's pretty uncocofortable to work like this. I now bought a USB-C to Display port by Belkin, it's quite expensive but I can give it back on Amazon if it doesn't solve the issue. We'll see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use that DP adapter on my MBP 16" for the connection to my 24" external Dell monitor and it works just fine.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which adapter exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure... I can't check it right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the issue by changing the cable, now it stopped flickering. I move to a Belik cable, no more USB-C to HDMI but USB-C to Display Port. It's more expensive, but worth it.
Not, an issue is still left. Whenever I start postproducing an imagine I do it with LrC. No problems there. As soon as I ask the program to continue modify the picture in PS, the same picture in PS looks terribly differing (saturation up). If I open the liquify too, it looks normal. If I open Luminar 4 as PS plug-in it looks normal. I need to chek how it looks with Camera Raw but, in any case, in PS with the new cable coming from LrC. Any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got the flickering taken care of. That was one of my first suggestions.

Start a new topic on the forum about the color issues. No one is going to see this under it's current title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Think i found the problem. I use my laptop and external monitor. when they are both on at same time, the screen flickering happens on my internal monitor that has integrated amd graphics and the screen wont flicker on my benq secodary monitor with nvidia graphics . if i close my laptop lid, the external monitor graphics card becomes integrated amd graphics and then the screen flickers whien i use hardware accelerated features like pan zoom and other filters. the issue is with graphics card 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ahammad, thanks for your contribution. As far as I know external monitors are not graphic accelerated, are you sure yours is? I think the issue is related about having external monitors in general. Mac OS don't like them a lot. If you close the lid it is considered as one monitor and this solves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had issues with external displays on mac, even on MacBook with the lid open. I suspect the cable. I've had success with Startech.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This may help: 

Here are some suggestions from Adobe for GPU issues.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines