Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS Grids and Guides not functioning properly

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting Grids and Guides in Photoshop

The percentage I set is only correct in horizontal aspect; does not subdivide vertical dimension properly.

Running Mac Monterey with current version of Photoshop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear abiut this. Could you please try resetitng the preferences of Photoshop and see if that helps?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are setting each guide separately, or using View > New Guide Layout?

Do you have any margins or gutters set?

Do have Preview turned on, and if yes, do you see the error before hitting OK?

What are your rulers set to?  I always feel there is less chance of confusion if they are set to Pixels.

If you are still stuck (although resetting Preferences should have fixed  the issue, albeit at the cost of having an annoying number of other things to put right) then maybe show us a screen shot.  Maybe showing the New Guide Layout panel as below along with the rest of your workspace.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions. I reset all the preferences, re-entered them, and it's still not correct. Grids/Guides: 20%, 1 subdivision. Here is a screenshot of what I'm getting. Horizontal is correct. Vertical not correct.

stevenbrooke_2-1642280879448.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stevenbrooke 

• Are you placing the guides individually?  AFAIK you can not use percentage % pc in View > New Guide Layout but you would surely not create all those guides one at a time? If you did it that way you'd have needed to increment the value for subsequent guides i.e 20pc, 40pc, 60pc and 80pc.  Is that what you did and if yes, are those the values you used?
  • Can you explain _exactly_ how you created your guides?
  • If you did use New Guide Layout, can show us a screen shot of the New Guide Layout panel with the values you used?
  • What character/shortcut did you use to designate percent?
  • Your screen shot is not helpful as it does not show the full document area, so we can't estimate the ratios between the lowest guide and the bottom of the document.  Full screen sreen shots usually work best so we can see the workspace, and especially the Options bar.

Note: I used the bullet points to help differentiate my questions hoping that you answer them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I create the guides in PREFERENCES>GRIDS AND GUIDES

Entered 20 for the percentage and 1 for the subdivisions.

I use CMD plus the apostrophy to show the grid on screen. 

My screen shot is the entire document with the gridlines that I get. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines