Exit

PS layers problem

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 11.56.09 AM.png

Hi, anyone can help! 

I'm using 25.4.0 Photoshop version but I can't open the PS file in PS and showed as attachment. Does anyone know what happened? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you create this Photoshop file or someone else?
Did you have this file open previously when either Photoshop or your system crashed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An other other designer created the PS file and send the original for me for other use but I can't open the orignial file. 😞 

I tried to open it in PS2023(24.7.2) and PS2024(25.4.0), even PC PS is the same. Do you think is the original PS file is corrupted? That means need the creator to open the original file and embended the layer in PS? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best of luck. I hope the designer can get to you a working PSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a corrupt file. File corruption is always caused by failing hardware.

It could be a failing drive or bad RAM - but the most likely cause is saving directly to an external drive. Never do that. Save locally, then copy over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply! Let me ask the creator to re-save the file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file may have been damaged … 

Do you use any backup-system from which you could extract a previous version of the file? 

edited

There are programs (try googling »repair damaged psd«) for such cases, but I have no experience with those. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is apparently an external file, the original creator should be made aware of it - so the obvious thing to do is ask for a new copy.

In any case, I don't think I have ever heard of a corrupt psd being successfully recovered. Worth a shot of course, but don't hold your breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your suggestion! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines