Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS script for matching room interior perspective

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2024 Jul 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I need to match the perspective of 100's of interior rooms to a reference image. All the images are taken in 1 point perspective I essentially need to match the corners of each room so that they're in the same position to the reference image. 

The change in perspective required is only sutble. I have no experience with scripting does anyone know if this would be possible? 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussing image editing of unkown images is often not fruitful. 

So please provide actual sample images. 

In principle the task seems a bad idea to me. (Though the actual images might prove me overly pessimistic aka wrong on this.)

Photoshop’s default »Auto-Align Layers« might not prove useful in which case semi-automation might be the best one can achieve. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For a single image, using the Perspective Warp command would be easy and fast. But for hundreds, the problem is Perspective Warp needs a lot of manual intervention, so it might not be easy to script or build into an action, especially if all of the photos do not have exactly the same perspective because that would require some kind of auto-analysis of what each photo’s perspective is.

If the perspective of all the photos is exactly the same, maybe there would be a way to do it by having an intial step that tells Photoshop what the difference vs the reference image is for the whole batch, and then have it apply that to all of them. (And if this is the case, the answer might be in a different Adobe app than Photoshop, such as batch-applying a Geometry adjustment in Adobe Camera Raw.)

But like c.pfaffenbichler said, it’s difficult to guess what would work without seeing some good examples of the images involved. Is it possible to upload an example reference image and three or four sample photos? They can be a reduced resolution for testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines