Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS text with blending to vector Ai

New Here ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afternoon,

Personally, I really don't like working in Ai, instead I much prefer working with PS, especially when it comes to writing text, with borders / blending options / boxes and the likes of, which is then over some images.

The tricky part, is when I then need that text / box to be vector, for usage elsewhere.

If it's just simple text, I convert it to a shape, then import into illustrator, however, more often than not, I like adding some simple blending options e.g. stroke / inner shaddow / drop shadow... As far as I can tell, this doesnt port into Ai... any ideas as to what we can do here?

As a very crude example, see the attached. In short, blending options are applied to the shape and to the text. None of which I can convert into a shape. Insteady it creates a shape of the text / box, and still applies the blending options.

test.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you'd like to set the text in Photoshop, convert the text to a shape, apply Layer Styles, and then use it in Illustrator, try the following to add it to a CC Library that you can open from Illustrator:

1. Select the text with the layer style applied
  2. Go to the Libraries panel 
  3. If you don't have a library, create one
  4. Click the + button at bottom right of the Libraries panel and select Graphic
  5. In Illustrator with your document open, go to the Libraries panel and drag the graphic onto your artboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines