Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.psd file corrupted!

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I wanted to continue working on a painting in Photoshop, but when I opened the .psd it only showed one layer called Background, and  the whole layer was black with red stripes all over it. I don't know what happened to it, I always make sure to safely close Photoshop so that no progress is lost, and I did so this time but now all of my progress is gone. Does anyone know what i can do to fix this? I use Photoshop CC(2017) on windows 10

thank you an advance.  64b5f8bfb81763e77b97872ad6639ab1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is very upsetting and frustrating when this happens. If you do not have a backed up of this file there is not much that can be done.

I would advise using a reputable online backup service so you can back up file daily or multiple times a day if you wish.

Thanks,

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Simmer is right. Make sure to save backups in different locations. When I first started using Photoshop, I lost several documents from corruption like this. I searched everywhere and tried so many things to save it, but nothing could save them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to solve this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to solve this.......??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Parth37378896wd86 I merged your duplicate post back to this thread. Posting multiple times won't change the answers given in this post. If you haven't saved this with a backup somewhere it is most likely damaged beyond repair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Parth37378896wd86 @jordanm65450054 to add to @Simmer1 's correct response - be sure to save local then drag your assets to an external drive or networked location. If you are directly saving to a remote/non-local destination you are increasing your chances of file corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines