• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

psdc files won't open in latest update "File not compatible with this version" error

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bunch of very important PS files stored on Adobe Cloud which i created & was able to work on fine last week, opening & closing the files with no problem. I have since updated PS to latest edition (2021) & latest update version + uninstalled all previous versions as I was running out of hard drive space.

Now when i try to open these files i get the error message .. [Could not open "FileName.psdc" because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop] ..

I need these files badly! Shouldn't any PS file open with the latest version? What can i do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post was moved over from the "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what's going on, but I would reinstall the old version, save them to a external drive, then reinstall the new version, and see if you can open them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the help. I've rolled back to the earliest version available (of PS 2021) from within Adobe Cloud but no luck opening these files.

For some reason when i cleaned up my HD last week there was 3 separate version of PS on it, i think 2019, 2020 & 2021, & they seemed to be just opening arbitrarily (for example, if i clicked on a PSD file to open it from a folder it would seemingly just randomly select any one of the 3 versions to open it in).

I figured if i got rid of the 2 older versions & just kept the most up to date it should be able to open anything ..  

Any idea how i might be able to re-install some older versions like 2019/2020? I can't seem to find that option anywhere (i guess most people would not beed to do so for any reason?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, they only allow one version back. I'm not totally sure that's the issue. If it was working last week, maybe you need to do a full uninstall and try using the CC Cleaner, to get rid of anything that 2021 installed. But that's just a long shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have the same issues and finally solved it!

1. â€ƒRight click and choose this option

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 15.25.11.png

2. â€ƒThen the menu would change like this and click it.

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 15.28.50.png

3.  Finally you can re-download your file from the cloud!

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 15.26.32.png

I know it's late, but I hope this can help! 

good luck 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

azelkautsar ,
This has worked up until now.  At this time I see no "..."
Have you discovered another solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines