Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.pspimage conversion

Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a multitude of old edits with the ext .pspimage. I have googled and tried the 2 most likely options I found with no success, is there any way to open them in CS6. I would like to convert them and save them as .psd. There must be a way surely.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

He is using Windows 7

The .PSPIMAGE file extension identifies Corel Paint Shop Pro image files. .PSPIMAGE related formats has .psp and  .tub.

Open PSPIMAGE on Windows:

• Corel (Jasc) Paint Shop Pro 8 or later

I guess he wants to resave or export it with the layers intact?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download Irfanview www.irfanview.com  It's free and can read this format. From there you can convert to tif or any format Photoshop will take.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I thought Yea this might do it, but I am specifically looking for something to keep the layers.

I have converted multiple files, and I know some of them were flattened as I did not know better then, but I know some of them contained layers.

Am I doing something wrong. Or is it not possible to convert layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually that means the files came from a corel program, most likely Paintshop Pro.

Do you know for sure or can guess what program was used for the edits?

What operating system are you using photoshop cs6 on?

You could also post an example file here via something like dropbox, to see if anyone else can open the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He is using Windows 7

The .PSPIMAGE file extension identifies Corel Paint Shop Pro image files. .PSPIMAGE related formats has .psp and  .tub.

Open PSPIMAGE on Windows:

• Corel (Jasc) Paint Shop Pro 8 or later

I guess he wants to resave or export it with the layers intact?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh i missed the windows 7 tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

White on light gray is what happens when you offer an art student a six-pack of beer for his design skills.

Anyway, I should let you field this one. pspimage is a bear of a format to convert with all layers intact and editable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, yes I specifically want the layers intact. Does this mean it is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't say for sure.

Do you have your old copy and serial for PSP? Maybe they have an function that will save or export layers to another format if you kept it around.

http://www.oldversion.com/windows/paint-shop-pro-8-0 is one source if you didn't or even a trial of the latest may allow it.

If we can't help check Corel support or support forums.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Thanks for the info. I will look into that. It was years and 2 or 3 computers ago, so will take some dredging.

It May still be possible though.

Appreciate the input. I have one old computer still working JUST maybe can try that on there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have your old copy and serial for PSP? Maybe they have an function that will save or export layers to another format if you kept it around.

[link removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it was Paintshop Pro then I moved onto Photoshop.

I use Win 7 with CS6 64 bit.

I can't really post a file as I don't know which ones have layers and the only way I have been able to view them so far is with InfraView but it only shows the active layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2013 Nov 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem. You can open them in Corel Paintshop Pro X6 and save as a .psd instead. Works like a charm for After Effects with all layers intact. Just make sure you select the right options when you open up the project in AE (Open: "Import Kind" Select *Composition* "Layer options" Select *Editable Layer Styles*). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines