Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick Export As PNG Error

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

When I attempt to take a design in photoshop (v 22 or whatever is the most recent as of today), the image icon appears on my laptop but when I try to open it I just get an error message. I had some scratch disk errors recently but was for the most part able to resolve it by deleting copious amounts of files from my MacBook Air (I still experience slow loading times but am able to save whatever I need). I'm wondering if maybe these are related since they began at the same time? It's just annoying and if anyone knows how to fix it that'd be great.

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 2.38.10 PM.png

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and see if that helps?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Thanks for the reply very appreciated. I ended up figuring out it was a file size problem, guess having a 10,000 x 10,000px file isn't super smart lol. Again thanks have a good day 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file size isn't the problem--I believe PNG can handle files over 2 billion pixels square. (Did only quick research here...)

I made a 10,000 ^2 file, saved it as PNG, and reopened it. 

I suspect a corrupt file. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See  I had thought that too, but this was a reoccuring issue after multiple resets + an update on different cloud files... super strange. Thanks for trying that out for me though at the least I don't have to worry about sizing as a problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines