• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick Select working fine on one computer, selecting too much on another

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new desktop computer, and I'm trying to use the Quick Select tool but it's not working like it is on my laptop. On the laptop, I can use the tool to carefully select (or deselect) aspects of a photo with ease. But with the desktop, I do the exact same thing, in the exact same spots, and two clicks later the entire image is selected. It doesn't matter what I have the brush size set to; it still does it. It's way too sensitive. Is there a way I can fix that? It's very frustrating to not be able to use Photoshop the way I want to on my new computer with a larger monitor so I can actually see what I'm doing better.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible to illustrate? 

Are the Photoshop > Preferences > Image Processing settings identical on both computers? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the Image Processing settings are identical on both computers. I took a picture with my phone and compared it to the desktop and they are the same. Here is a screenshot of my desktop's Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Troy22932790qu23 

You toolbar shows the Eyedropper tool, not the Quick Select tool. Can you look in the options bar for the Quick Select tool for each computer and tell us the size of the brush and if it is hard or soft?

janee_0-1679876439997.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked the Quick Selection tool, and there weren't any brush settings. So I opened the Brushes window, selected one, and nwo it seems to be working! So I think I apparently didn't have a brush selected, which helped define the parameters of how Quick Select worked LOL. Oh boy, how embarassing!!! But hey, if I hadn't known to check for the brush softness/hardness, I probably wouldn't have figured it out LOL! Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Troy22932790qu23 

You're welcome, Troy!

I wasn't in my office before and grabbed an image from Adobe. Here is my computer. Click the brush to see and/or change the settings. You can also change the size with the square bracket keys.   [   ]

janee_0-1679879606622.png

The other three buttons are for New, Add, Substract. I typically leave those alone.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines