• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick Selection tool not behaving itself in Photoshop CC 2017

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to replace boring skies with a layer of clouds, etc.

The background layer is of plain but bright blue sky. There is a horizon that is sharp and multicolored. There is a clear color distinction between the blue sky and the horizon.

Yet the quick selection tool is not able to be dragged along that well demarcated horizon. It jumps into the city and will not "find" the pixel border between the different  elements.

Other than resetting my tools is there something else going on?

The two images are jpeg.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

instead of the Quick Selection tool, you could use the magic wand tool, click on the sky and to eventually add parts of the sky between trees or buildings use the command Select/ general. If you want I can send you the screenshot with the english version of Photoshop.

Capture d’écran 2017-08-22 à 13.23.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot including all pertinent Panels.

Yet the quick selection tool is not able to be dragged along that well demarcated horizon.

Did you stick in the sky-region or cross the border?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

instead of the Quick Selection tool, you could use the magic wand tool, click on the sky and to eventually add parts of the sky between trees or buildings use the command Select/ general. If you want I can send you the screenshot with the english version of Photoshop.

Capture d’écran 2017-08-22 à 13.23.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, remember step one of troubleshooting: reset the tool.

To do so, right-click the tool icon in the option bar (the one below the menus) and select reset tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines