Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Could not complete this operation. There are no user slices."

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Forum Friends.

I'm using Photoshop CC (19.1.2 Release) on an iMac.

I have a PSD file with six Artboards, a set of web ad banners. Yesterday I had no issues Exporting these Artboards to Files (File>Export>Arboards to FIles...). However, this afternoon I received this error, "Could not complete this operation. There are no user slices." The conundrum here is that I never sliced these Artboards. I quit Photoshop and restarted, the error persists.

Of course I am desperate for a solution—these things never happen when we have no deadlines.

Thank you kindly.

—Dimitry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

I figured out a work around. I selected all the Artboards in the Layers palette, Right clicked and selected "Export As..." and went from there. I'd still like to know if there's a way to fix the issue I'm having above. I don't like having a messed up Photoshop experience.

Cheers friends!

—Dimitry

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out a work around. I selected all the Artboards in the Layers palette, Right clicked and selected "Export As..." and went from there. I'd still like to know if there's a way to fix the issue I'm having above. I don't like having a messed up Photoshop experience.

Cheers friends!

—Dimitry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue and your solution doesnt work any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! This is an old thread, but hopefully my solution will help other users.

The offered solution here didn't work for me either.

I created another thread about the issue and meanwhile found the solution that I think will help everyone:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/can-t-export-artboards-anymore-as-png/m-p/12048294#M543094

Let me know if it worked for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your solution worked for me. Interesting how newer functions are still tied to legacy functions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After long long time strugling: maybe something with special characters/ spaces in file name or destination.

- change Destination folder

- change File Name Prefix.

Captura de Tela 2023-10-31 às 14.02.54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines