• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Direct X 11.0 available; feature level 12.0 required"

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version of Photoshop beta on my computer. Every time I open the programme, I get the warning "feature level 11.0 available; feature level 12.0 required". All updates of my graphics card and computer are complete. I still can't understand why I'm getting this warning. I would like you to help.

{Edited the thread by the moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Your GPU does not support DirectX version 12, which is the current requirement. It only supports DirectX 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your GPU does not support DirectX version 12, which is the current requirement. It only supports DirectX 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Does this affect the performance of Photoshop? And how do I solve this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bakr Abd El Raouf yes it will negatively affect anything requiring GPU for rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D Fosse I have a funny feeling there's going to be a lot of these threads, it's already taking off 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brace yourself 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bakr Abd El Raouf,

Most likely, your graphics does not support DirectX 11 or 12.

• Click your Start Button, then just type dxdiag and press Enter.
  • On the resulting DirectX utility choose the Display Tab.
  • Look at the top right panel on that tab,  there you will find what version(s) of DirectX your graphics card supports.

If that does not indicate DirectX 11 or 12, then you will not be able to update that version

Anthony Jones | Technical Consultant | Adobe Systems |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vinicius5C17_0-1685481823713.png

I'm also getting this warning, but it seems that I'm already have DirectX 12. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vinicius5C17 DirectX 12 is part of the Windows operating system, you need a GPU that supports DirectX 12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where/how do you find out if your particular GPU supports DirectX 12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Robert236392083t5b type dxdiag in the start button and check the display tab

2023-07-31 08_06_08-DirectX Diagnostic Tool.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ged_Traynor  just want to know. Is my laptop compitable for DX 12? because it says at the display tab that i can go to level 12_1 but not in render tab that says only 11_0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sandrio an easy check is to go to the Photoshop Help menu and look at your GPU Compatibility report.

Both cards you show do not support DirectX12 feature level 12. The 960M only supports DX11.1. The 530 is worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was warned that I had an incompatible GPU and that one with DirectX 12 was required so I got one but now I still get the warning but this time it says that it only has 11 levels and that 12 are required. I do not recall seeing anything about 12 levels before I got the new GPU which leaves me somewhat irritated to say the least.

Is this business of having to update our hardware in order to run Photoshop going to continue? I am sure that as many of us are not going to use the full capabilities of PS perhaps some explanation of what will be the limitations imposed by our hardware can be given.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this business of having to update our hardware in order to run Photoshop going to continue?

By @rieleyjc

Most likely — at least it has for the 34 years that I've been in this business. If it hadn't, we'd all be stuck with computers that run off two floppy disk drives. 😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Touche! ( where is a grave accent when you need one?)

I am used to updating my computer when it becomes obsolete, not spending several hundred pounds just to run one application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rieleyjc 

Here you go! é

DirectX was created by Microsoft, not Adobe, and is part of Windows OS. 

https://www.britannica.com/technology/DirectX

Adobe has given us options to enable those with older GPUs to use Photoshop until they can upgrade their GPUs.

• Go to Preferences > Technology Previews > Enable "Deactivate Native Canvas" > Restart Photoshop

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Unfortunately I did not find that solution until after I had upgraded my GPU when PS said that my current one was incompatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it seems to be working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dealing with this as well. I updated my Nvidia Driver which solved three errors on the PS dialogue box. To update from Feature Level 11 (DirectX 11) to Feature Level 12 (DirectX12) it's done in Microsoft. Here is a video explaining this process. At least, that's how I understand it at the moment. I'm about to try it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zb88QgzMTI&t=54s&ab_channel=ComputerSluggishTutorials

Update DirectX 12 Latest Version In Windows 10/11 In this video, I will be showing you how to update DirectX 12 the proper way in Windows 10 and Windows 11. When it comes to installing DirectX 12 on Windows this cannot be done as DX12 comes already preinstalled on your PC or laptop. So it is not ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@goulddust Windows 10 comes with DirectX 12 as standard and has been part of the operating system since 2015, but you need a GPU that supports it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Gpu Support DirectX 12 and still have this massage please i need solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ahmed302446016sya what exact GPU do you have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently DirectX version number and DirectX feature level are not necessarily the same thing.

I've been trying to figure this out, but with only limited success so far. I'll let you all know when the lighbulb goes on.

This is the closest I get to an explanation:

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/207598-demystifying-directx-12-support-what-amd-intel-and-nvidia-... 

In any case, GT710 will not do it. The safe bet is the RTX 30-series (and now it seems RTX 40-series is coming to the mainstream market as well).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fitted an NVidia GeForce GT710 which supports DirectX12 but as noted above in my original post it only has 11 levels. Since then I have been trying to find out which GPU I should have fitted and it appears that RTX 20 & 30 series GPUs have 12 levels.I have found it hard to determine which GPUs have 12 levels as it does not seem to be mentioned in the specifications but it appears that DirectX12 Ultimate is what you need. I stand to be corrected and if anyone knows better please tell me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines