Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Export Selected Brushes" Greyed Out

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I cannot manage to find an answer to this issue anywhere in the community or elsewhere.

I have created custom brushes that I want to export in order to paint digitally on Photoshop on other computers. However, when selecting the brush or brushes, the "export selected brushes" button is greyed out. I have tried restarting my computer and resetting the preferences on Photoshop, but nothing works.

I use Photoshop 2022 on a Mac OS Monterey.

I have attached a screenshot of the greyed out button.

I must note that the button is also greyed out on my other Mac which is running with the latest system.

Thank you in advance for your help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

I'm also on a Mac. If I right click it's grayed out, if I go to the gear icon in the upper right corner it's not. You can also save your brushes to a library - open the brushes panel, select the brush and just drag and drop in into a library. I perfer this method over saving brush files that I have to search for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also on a Mac. If I right click it's grayed out, if I go to the gear icon in the upper right corner it's not. You can also save your brushes to a library - open the brushes panel, select the brush and just drag and drop in into a library. I perfer this method over saving brush files that I have to search for. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for pointing that out. The button is not greyed out when I click on the gear icon and now I am able to export my brushes. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FINALLY! Thank you so much for answering this, because there really is no answer or adressal of this issue anywhere else. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I swear you solved a big crisis for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to export from context pop-up menu which appears on right click while Brush tool is active? It does not work on Windows too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines