• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Lines" in PS image appear after update

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noticed these lines last night after applying a Solid Color fill layer in color blend mode (lines appear in multiple blend modes).  Lines also appear on other images, not just this photo.  Looking for help please.

4N9A9532-Edit.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks strang  like a grid but  line segement thickness are not the same. So I do not think its a pattern fill or GPU support problem or hardware problem.  Do you have any Third Party Plug-ins installed in Photoshop? Did you use any Action or script?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No 3P plugs and no action or script.  This is simple a solid color fill layer on top of background image layer in color blend mode.  I discovered that it seems to be present in color, hue, saturation, luminosity, lighter color and darker color blend modes.  I reinstalled PS CC 2018 and things seem to work as they should.  Maybe I found the bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just tried to reproduce the problem but it worked for me. No glitches. Win10 cc2019. 😕

Have you tried on different documents? Maybe updating your gfx card... several cause are possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  My gfx card drivers are up to date. I have tried on multiple images from different cameras taken on different days.  I have discovered that the same RAW file opened directly in PS does not exhibit this behaviour.   It seems to be related to editing from LR (right click | edit in PS).  Since that is mainly how I work I will continue to work in PS CC 18 until I can discover the cause of the problem.  I set up PS CC 2018 as an external editor in LR and am able to recreate the problem on demand.  Weird....maybe an uninstall/reinstall of CC 2019 is in order??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try this to see if it helps, go to Edit > Preferences > Performance and enable Legacy Compositing and restart Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.  That solved the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines