• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"psd can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer" on Mojave PS CS6

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been opening psd files in my macbook air 2017 for all these years, and suddendly to my horror I am getting this.

They don't open in PS CS6/ Mojave. I saved a series of psd to make a pdf presentation out of them. I should have made jpg I'll never do that again. I won't update on this computer. Preferences. accessibility shows PS allowed.Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 23.15.31.pngScreenshot 2021-07-10 at 23.17.34.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

If you hold the Control key down while clicking on psd it will give you the warning, but should now give you the option to Open.

Also check to see Photoshop is the default app for all PSD files. Cmd-i on one of those files, then under "Open with", choose what version of Photoshop you have and click the "Change All" button to include all .psd files.

Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 3.47.47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

@gener 7 thank you this worked, I set it temporarily and will never save into psd again.

@ test screen, I don't have General tab: "Allow applications downloaded from..." nice to know my Mojave is really old

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Start Photoshop, use Open from the File menu. Does Photoshop start, does this work? (The message is odd, it is supposed to name only an app).

2. These security settings aren't connected with accessibility. If you need to change security options, they are under the General tab: "Allow applications downloaded from..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@blogsofwar.me Theoretically, a .psd file should still open in CS6. You may need to do a batch conversion to .tiff or jpg. Try one or two to see if you can at least get them open. Do they have layers?

JainLemos_1-1625956633665.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you hold the Control key down while clicking on psd it will give you the warning, but should now give you the option to Open.

Also check to see Photoshop is the default app for all PSD files. Cmd-i on one of those files, then under "Open with", choose what version of Photoshop you have and click the "Change All" button to include all .psd files.

Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 3.47.47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gener 7 thank you this worked, I set it temporarily and will never save into psd again.

@ test screen, I don't have General tab: "Allow applications downloaded from..." nice to know my Mojave is really old

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot 2021-07-12 at 22.23.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines