• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"This is not a valid Portable Document File (PDF)..." random error in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past couple of months I've been getting this error: "this is not a valid Portable Document File (PDF) document. It cannot be opened." error when I'm NOT trying to open anything.  I'd say it's happened maybe 10 times over the last couple of months and 9 of those times, it's happened when I'm waking the computer from sleep.  I can't seem to figure out any pattern to it.  It's like it's trying to open a file on it's own but it doesn't show in the recent list and I'm not seeing any action that could be doing this.

Any ideas?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Photoshop is not the active software I'm using, nothing opened in Photoshop and still get the message randomly. 

Mac OS Monterey

Photoshop 24.7.0

Any fixes out there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started getting this bug myself. It never happened before, but after upgrading to PS2024 a week or two ago I've been getting the random error message while working in other programs every few days. Full Disc Access is enabled.

Photoshop 25.3.1

Ventura 13.6.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been getting this message off and on over the years myself, and I'm not shocked to see that it hasn't been addressed. They'll throw every marketing and development resource at trying to get that generative AI microtransaction gravy train going, but stability and quality of life issues in Adobe applications? Not so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines