• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW plug-in update-HELP

Engaged ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refer to the scr-shot pls. My question is can you direct me to the latest RAW plug-in 4 my ver of P.S. Thx

scr-1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Since photoshop cs5 can only use up to camera raw 6.7.1 and the Canon Rebel T6 requires at least camera raw 9.5, photoshop cs5 won't open those files without some help.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

That help is using the adobe dng converter to convert the T6 cr2s to dng copies which then photoshop cs5 will open.

windows

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 10.1

mac

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 10.1

how to u

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera raw 6.7.1 is the newest compatible camera raw plugin for photoshop cs5/cs5.1.

windows

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Camera Raw 6.7.1 Update

mac

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Camera Raw 6.7.1 Update

Do you have some camera raw files that photoshop cs5 won't open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I downloaded and installed v6.7.1 updater and I still can't open this RAW file in PS. The picture is generic and taken from off the web. It was shot with a Canon Rebel T6. I've placed it in google drive for you to download if you would pls and tell me if you can open it and manipulate it? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm thinking of getting this camera but I wanted to see if my version of PS will open the RAW file so far no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh heck forgot the link...AJ-ISO100-IMG_0045.CR2 - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since photoshop cs5 can only use up to camera raw 6.7.1 and the Canon Rebel T6 requires at least camera raw 9.5, photoshop cs5 won't open those files without some help.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

That help is using the adobe dng converter to convert the T6 cr2s to dng copies which then photoshop cs5 will open.

windows

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 10.1

mac

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 10.1

how to use the dng converter

Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff...I'm off to try it out right now. I'll post back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Success! The converter program installed and converted. I'm glad Adobe didn't leave those of use still using outdated software behind on this matter a least. Thank you all and you Jeff for the correct answer and such a prompt response. I can always rely on the forums to come through in a pinch.

scr-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines