• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reed pen and Black ink Drawing signature faded

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently came along and found this drawing at a Goodwill. My mistake is at first I couldn't see a signature and two I was putting it into a different frame that will protect it when I notice on the computer when I scanned it I seen what looked like a faded signature, my mistake was that I had trimmed it up and I believe I cut over or top of the signature but before I cut it to frame it I noticed the signature faded in pencil. Here are the pictures and what I seen I'm trying to figure out a way how I can restore or read the signature I really have no experience or knowledge how to do it , any help would be appreciated or if you can tell me how I where I can get some help . It in the lower right bottom corner. Thank you 🙏 

4FE2CE6F-FB23-4CF8-B75C-6280C6E1B542.jpeg

04260AFB-8FBF-4678-A3AC-B3B28F027BFE.jpeg

1CE33F8C-E088-47F8-B6DD-4E60B4E49A37.jpeg

Photos.jpeg

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Don't expect Matisse 😉

This is the one-minute rapid sketch exercise, with live model, known by the French term croquis. All art students do this the first year of art school. I did hundreds of those back in the day.

And every once in a while you make a really good one, one that catches the essence of the model's pose. This is one. I would have kept that one, and maybe even signed it 😉

If you can't see a signature, it's not there. If there is a signature but it's faint and hard to read, y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what I seen I'm trying to figure out a way how I can restore or read the signature 

By @BigVic28696769sp75

Photoshop only has pixels, not signatures, and there is nothing in your image to retrieve. 

janee_0-1678582418384.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @jane-e and wanted to add that that's a really nice drawing. A lucky find.
-edit typo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how I found it at a Goodwill . I like frame so pay for it, a few months later I was going to use the frame, when I open it the drawing was there behind the photo, wanted to say this so much like a Matisse drawing by without the signature, I wouldn't know how to get it verified . But thank you for looking at it.

F1A2F22F-22B1-49A6-A11E-55E7509B5FCE.jpeg

7B205578-F4AB-42BD-AEF0-0114C88195C9.jpeg

993641C2-F630-4B19-8AED-3E629505A55E.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't expect Matisse 😉

This is the one-minute rapid sketch exercise, with live model, known by the French term croquis. All art students do this the first year of art school. I did hundreds of those back in the day.

And every once in a while you make a really good one, one that catches the essence of the model's pose. This is one. I would have kept that one, and maybe even signed it 😉

If you can't see a signature, it's not there. If there is a signature but it's faint and hard to read, you can sometimes bring out a little more in ultraviolet light (or sometimes infrared, but then you need a special camera and IR pass filters). It won't magically pop out, but it can be slightly easier to read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here a drawing that also look a lot like Matisse and the I found in New Mexico last year , there few that look the same . My drawing is original ink and Reed pen . Around 1915 . What I was told. Also, thank you that's what I need to find as a special camera with the IR because you can see his signature but with the camera pictures you can't really bring it out hoping for the best other than that this is a beautiful drawing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines