• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Extreme Fisheye

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have thousands of images that were shot wide angle with fisheye, and I've tried everything I can think of to flatten the image (Adaptive Wide Angle / liquify / lens correction) and no matter what I have done, I have not been able to fix the fisheye bulge and keep lines straight.  Unfortunately I don't know what type of camera was used as I have been given .jpgs.  Does anyone have any suggestions??  I really appreciate the help!

I'm on Windows 10 with Photoshop version 24.3.02022-07-08_05-15-38_EDT50.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One option to try is to use Perspective Warp. You can use the buildings to create a mesh then adjust.

kevinstohlmeyer_2-1681850384935.png

There's no way to preserve everything (the foregroun road distortion is too extreme) but it gets you part of the way there with the trucks and buildings.

kevinstohlmeyer_1-1681850280874.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Your image looks so much better than what I've come up with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could they be multiple images stitched together to make a panorama?

It looks very much like some of the panos i've made from images that were taken with wide angle lenses

as far as the extreme distortion goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff for reviewing!  I am having a hard time getting the details of how the image was shot, but if I were to guess it is multiple images stitched together to make a panorama.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Working with a merged panorama is probably harder to use with Adaptive Wide Angle. The way the AWA constraints are set up does seem to be designed around undoing the specific distortion from a single image taken with a certain lens geometry, as opposed to a projection synthesized from multiple images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines