• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove tool not working / correctly

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Thank you to most people who have been extremely helpful and the problem has now been resolved. 🙂 
  •  
  •  
  • Hi All, 

I am currently running PS Version 25.0.0 (Latest) on my MAC running Monterey OS

My issue is this:_

If I use the remove tool by circling the desired object to remove, it defaults to a pink line with which you circle the image. Once the circle is completed instead of removing the item, it merely fills it in with the same colour which in my case is pink. I have tried using the tick to confirm the action, and, all that does is remove it and fill it with a solid yellow colour.

It is also erratic as it sometimes skip the process where it completes the circle and fills with pink and just uses solid colour?

This makes this tool unusable.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Regards

Moved to Photoshop Discussion - Moderator

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

This has happened a few times where some users experience a solid color as they try to brush on the remove tool.

You may be having a problem with the Image processing part of this tool. It's easy to check.

Try this method and see if it goes away:

•    Go to Preferences > Image Processing...
       Choose "More Stable" for Remove Tool Processing.
       RESTART Photoshop (Photoshop > Quit Photoshop, then relaunch).
       Note: You will need to do this for each version you use; Beta and regular.
  •    You

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Remove Tool is a brush, not an object selection tool. You need to completely brush over the object you want to remove, not encircle it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, With respect, that is not how it is supposed to work according to the help video on the tool. You should be able to either incircle the object or brush over it.  Also, even if I do as you say it does exactly the same thing. Looks like a glitch. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we talking Photoshop or Lightroom Classic? You posted this in the Lightroom Classic forum, so I assumed you were talking about the Lightroom Classic remove tool, which works only the way I described. As I am on a cellular connection, I do not watch videos that people post.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I thought it was general issues not just light room.  I had upload a video showing issue which clearly showed it was a PS issue. Sorry for confusion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I struggled a lot with this problem. Thanks to you I solved it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your attached video looks like Photoshop. Defiantly not Lightroom Classic.

Why is this posting in the LrC community?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok guys give it a rest.....OK once again let me explain....I had PS open, clicked on help...from the menu in the Discover drop down, I chose "Support Community" in PHOTOSHOP I created a post of help!! in PHOTOSHOP......I included a video clearly showing PS error not LR! why are you being so picky? and out to make me seem foolish. If you dont want to help jogg on, I dont need you snide remarks. For thos that have been helpful, I thank you very much. You go have a good day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok guys give it a rest.....OK once again let me explain....I had PS open, clicked on help...from the menu in the Discover drop down, I chose "Support Community" in PHOTOSHOP I created a post of help!! in PHOTOSHOP......I included a video clearly showing PS error not LR! why are you being so picky? and out to make me seem foolish. If you dont want to help jogg on, I dont need you snide remarks. For thos that have been helpful, I thank you very much. You go have a good day.

By @ncoomber1961

Ok, apparently an odd glitch. To understand how your post got placed in the wrong community, I walked thru PS/Help. In PS click on Help, Clicked on Photoshop Help, a screen pops up, clicked on Support Community, And the PS Ecosystem community shows up in my Browser. That should have been just fine, but apparently yours displayed the Lightroom Classic Community.

Probably a Adobe Community Page issue. I did notice some changes in how the pages look/feel.

As for our complaining about the wrong community. Well thinking twice, I will avoid listing all the reasons. And they do not matter as in you case, Adobe sent you astray, in other cases the member simply fails to pay attention, mind you these community pages are rather convoluted.

In my case, I probably should have just replied to the Moderators asking the post be moved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much for putting this up I have had  the same problem  with the remove tool and have updated  everything and spoken to Adobe but they couldn't help me ( told me I had to update the drivers) which didn't work this worked thanks again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened a few times where some users experience a solid color as they try to brush on the remove tool.

You may be having a problem with the Image processing part of this tool. It's easy to check.

Try this method and see if it goes away:

•    Go to Preferences > Image Processing...
       Choose "More Stable" for Remove Tool Processing.
       RESTART Photoshop (Photoshop > Quit Photoshop, then relaunch).
       Note: You will need to do this for each version you use; Beta and regular.
  •    You might need to restart once or twice after applying the settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, thank you very much for the fix....... :))))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation. So far 4 have tried it successfully and so far it's held. It's safe to say this should be the first try for community members helping other users with this probem before going to more involved resets or reinstalls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does not work for me PS 25.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my remove tool keeps filling with patternts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gener7 Thanks, this worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the feedback, Marco!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks gener7. That worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this. I was having the same problem and your suggestion worked. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me very well, thank you ... one question thought ... is it better to also change "Selections Processing" to more stable and "Select Subject Processing" to Cloud Detail Results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I was getting multicolored patterns, and this fixed it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Had the same problem. Couldn't find the solution on Google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2024 Aug 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me,thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines