• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

remove tool not working, update 25.1,

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I was using photoshop until last night with no problems, now, after the update to version 25.1 I can´t use the remove tool anymore, it says required components are being downloaded. Check back later to use the tool once the download is complete. 

Windows 11, nvidia 

I tried reseting my preferences to no avail. 

On the my adobe cloud it says its allready intalled. 

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vicente32186748zlc9 

I've moved your post from Using the Community to Photoshop for you.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, it´s my first post so I´m kind a lost here..... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vicente32186748zlc9 

No worries — we don't expect folks who are new to know their way around the forums and are happy to assist.

I just did a forum search for your issue and found this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/remove-tool-not-working-correctly/m-p...

Here is the answer from Gene on that thread that has worked for several folks:

•    Go to Preferences > Image Processing
       Choose "More Stable" for Remove Tool Processing.
       RESTART Photoshop (Quit Photoshop, then relaunch).
       Note: You will need to do this for each version you use; Beta and regular.
  •    You might need to restart once or twice after applying the settings. 

Can you let us know if this works for you?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just an update, installed photoshop beta and the remove tool is working normally, so it´s a problem with photoshop 25.1 oficial release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane, just saw your update, thank you, I had seen this thread and tried but to no avail, the only thing I did not try was reinstaling photoshop, instead I installed photoshop beta and all is working fine in the beta version.  But thank you anyway, I´ll keep trying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome and I'm glad it's working for you now in beta @Vicente32186748zlc9 . Please note that the purpose of the public beta is to find and report bugs to the developers before features go into the released version.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane, I do understand the purpose of the beta. I do think there´s a bug, I´ll uninstall and make a clean reinstall of photoshop, however I do believe this is a bug, since the version beta 25.2 works fine, however 25.1 does not. And I think I uninstalled the beta version 25.1 because of this problem and moved my work to the regular version.... So once I make a clean reinstall I´ll let you if it fixed or not.Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vicente32186748zlc9 

That's sounds like a very good plan.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New update, I open photoshop and tried the remove tool, and first I had the same message, downloading, but then it said that it was ready to use it, but whenever I click on it, it starts all over again. This just keeps getting weird and weird... 

Thanks Jane-e, you´ve been most helpfull, please forgive me if I´m too incisive at a times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vicente32186748zlc9 

Can you get a screenshot of the downloading message that starts when you use the remove tool?

I've tagged @CoryShubert and @Pete.Green to look at this.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captura de tela 2023-10-27 155132.png

after that another one pops up, a green one. Captura de tela 2023-10-27 155618.png and then it goes back to the first message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried a brand new install to now avail. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines