• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing Plugin Listing from Photoshop's Filter Menu.

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you remove plugin items from the filter menu of Photoshop CC 2022? I've recently upgraded from Luminar AI to Luminar NEO and wish to remove the previous Luminar AI in the filter menu. I've removed the progrtam itself but the listing still perseveres under Filter/Skylum.

I'm using a Mac OS

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the path to the folder of plug-ins on my Mac (you may have some slightly differing naming of HD etc):

HD~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just allows me to remove the plugin, which I've done. The menu listing in Photoshop CC 2022 under Filters still remains. How do I remove that MENU LISTING?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the 'Adobe Photoshop 2022' folder in your Application folder. There is a plugins subfolder in there too, so maybe the link was installed in that folder. That is where plugins used to be installed, so some installers may still do that.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you remove, the quit and restart Photoshop?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Even re-started the computer. Menu item still remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do a search for that menu item, anything come up?

Also, if you really want a harder approach, try resetting the preferences.

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

Might clear it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checked that with no joy. Menu item for Luminar Ai still remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines