• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reopening recent files from photoshop home page

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Photoshop.  I have worked on images from my computer and then saved them but I do not know where they are being saved.  On my home page I can see all the images I have worked with but I am not able to reopen them to do additional work on them. Can someone tell me how to reopen an image that shows as recent on my home page?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default location in Windows is the system "Documents" folder. Start looking there.

Generally, this is one of the reasons I think the home screen is a very bad idea. The recent file list is not a direct link to the file, as it is in a proper file browser. Instead it just points to the location on disk where the file was originally saved. If you later move or delete the file, the recent file list is not updated. It just keeps pointing to the same but now empty spot.

You must keep track of where you save the files. The way to do that is to use "Save As", where you get the folder tree to navigate in. If you just hit Save, you don't know where it's going. By default it goes back to the folder it came from, but it can also go to whatever folder you used last (depending on preference settings).

Use a proper file browser to navigate your folders. Windows Explorer is OK, but Bridge is even better and comes included with your Photoshop subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on a Mac desktop.  It is much harder to find folders than in Windows.  I don't think you quite understood my question.  On my photoshop home screen there are images of the pictures I have worked on and saved in the past.  If I hover my mouse over one of of theses pictured the pointer turns into a hand.  I think I should be able to then click my mouse and have the picture open back up to work on again but it does not.  If I hover my mouse a little lower on the image  a long string shows up giving the exact location of the file, however I cannot find these folders on my computer.

Today I opened a a new picture and then used save as to see where the program wanted to save it and it is in a folder with a name that I cannot even find on my computer.  I saved the picture anyway.  Now it is on my photoshop home page and when I hover my mouse on it the hand appears, I click it and the picture opens up again.  Why can't I get the older images to do this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, are you sure it is not a creative cloud folder?

Also, why didn't you share the path you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is what I see but I cannot find my way to this on my computer.Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 7.34.54 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everythng that D_Foss said is exactly right, but here's a workaround that I've used when I wasn't paying as close attention as I should have been and "lost" a file due to Photoshop's seemingly random folder selection:

I simply load up another file - any file - and  do a "File / Save As"... this time, I watch where Photoshop wants to save this file, and sure enough, the "lost" file is right there as well!

By the way, Photoshop's folder selection is never random... it just seems that way sometimes when I'm working on more than one project and I get ahead of my skis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right. I use that same trick.

Cloudman's last post confirms everything I said. I don't know what else to say. You must pay attention to where you save. If a file/folder is moved or deleted, the recent file list will just contain a blind pointer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines