• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize Constrain Default changed again in v22?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like default constrain resize behavior (Win 10, two different machines) has reverted to the legacy version (i.e., shift is require for a constrain resize) - is this a design/intentional change or a bug? It seems like the latter, because the preference checkbox is still there. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, but my question was about default behavior. I understand how the concept of constrain resize works - the previous default behavior was a modifier key was needed. Then there was a change (2019?) to making constrain being the default (which I liked!). After the lastest (v22) update, both my machines have reverted to the older behavior (I need to shift-click to constrain both images and smart objects), but 'keep legacy resize' check-box is still present in my Preferences, so I'm wondering if this is a know bug (that constrain resize SHOULD be the default). These are both new machines this year, so something like a preferences file doesn't make sense (these machines have only defaulted to constrain resize). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this.... exactly what I'm noticing. But I can't find any documentation on it changing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just realized how old this is, but it's happening to me on v23. Did you get a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines