Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize Issue in Photoshop v 23.1

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having a struggle about resizing and moving images or smart objects  that I import to photoshop. I just can't do that. Turning photoshop off and on fixes it, but after a while I get the same problem. ( Ps. Transform controls are checked, everything as it should be) I don't know why it is happening, need a solition, it makes me slow while I'm working.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you look in the options bar for the Move tool and tell us is "Auto-Select" is enabled? Try unchecking to see if that works. If not, please share a screenshot of your workspace.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, like I said both transform controls and auto-select is enabled. I tried what you said, but the only thing that solves my problem is turning off and on photoshop, and it's a temporary solution.
Here is the screenshot:Screenshot 2022-01-17 232510.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Busra.1341 

1. I think you missed the part where I said if Auto Select is turned on, then uncheck it to see if that works.
  2. Your screenshot may just be for the forum, but what you are showing is a Background layer — it's not a Smart Object or even a regular pixel layer and does not work the same way.

Also, can you tell us how you are importing images into Photoshop? Open? File > Place? Drag from another PSD? Drag from Bridge or Windows File Explorer? Something else?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again @jane-e ,

No, I didnt miss that part, I unchecked Auto-Select and tried and re-checked it and tried it again. In both cases it didn't work. Sometimes I copy a vector from ai file and paste into photoshop, sometimes draging a jpeg file from a folder into photohsop. Here is the new screenhot, I had the same problem once again.

Like I said, It fixes itself if I turn off and on photoshop.

Busra1341_0-1642555725805.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting for a soltion @jane-e . I t happens a lot, and it makes me slower while I'm working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that screenshot I see the transform handles. I'm a bit unclear as to what your exact problem is. Do those stop working after some time? Can you explain more precisely what you're trying to do and what you expect to happen? Thanks.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, handles are always there, they are just stop working, I can see the handles but cannot scale up or down, if I turn off and restart the photoshop once again, it fixes itself. I can use those handles, can scale normally. Then sometime later it does give the same error.

I added new screenshot, those photos you see are just one merged layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If those handles are diappearing, may you've accidently hit Cmd–H (Mac) or Ctrl–H (Windows) or chosen View > Extras which will hide them? Doing that again will show the handles again.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I'd try restarting the computer.

If you're having glitchy behavior, another thing to try is resetting your Photoshop preferences. You can find instructions on how to do that here https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines