• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize Photoshop window that’s too big or off screen

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this recurring problem with Photoshop, and possibly with the other CS applications too. Whenever I disconnect my 27-inch LG UltraFine 5K, Photoshop's window ends up being too large to show its grab-able title bar. I have not been able to figure how to solve this problem. It happens all the time, unless you purposely move Photoshop to the smaller MacBook monitor and resize it before quitting the application.

No zooming or toolbar reset or anything else will reset the window to its proper window boundaries.

Anyone have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Click the Green Button on top of the window. If you can't see the green button, press the "F" key to put it into full screen - then press the Green Button.
Note that when you just press the F key, you do get Full Screen but it is not resizable.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, robantace !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great !! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2022 and this saved me from all that frustration. Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the answer - simple. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FINALLY!!! thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, I had this problem:

All corners were off the screen.

Shift and resize DID NOT work for me.

Heres what you can do:

-  Go to System Preferences

-  Click "Displays"

-  Change the "Resolution" to "Scaled"

-  Choose "More Space"

You will see tiny text and windows on your screen and you can resize then reset your screen resolution after.

This worked for me.

Hope it helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robbiia:

Thank you.  That did it for me.

I'm stunned to image what idiot designed and wrote PS so that it doesn't have any means to resize the main window to the size of the current display.  Instead they idiotically draw all of the operating system window management controls off the screen. They ignorantly assume that the size of the window from the last time you launched it would be the same next time.  It never occurred to Adobe that people might have a large monitor one minute and laptop screen the next -- hard to believe they are in the graphics business with such naiveté.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same in all adobe CC software I believe. I use "more space" always and now I got a After Effects project open that I can't scale down the window on. Adobe should put a "maximize to screen" button under window and problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XXTwnz  wrote

I'm stunned to image what idiot designed and wrote PS so that it doesn't have any means to resize the main window to the size of the current display.  Instead they idiotically draw all of the operating system window management controls off the screen. They ignorantly assume that the size of the window from the last time you launched it would be the same next time.  It never occurred to Adobe that people might have a large monitor one minute and laptop screen the next

The trick is to power down the larger second display before disconnecting it. That allows Photoshop to transfer to the laptop screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all monitors can be powered down without unplugging, such as the now discontinued but still better than most Apple Thunderbolt.

Can someone claify the solution here...lots of good ideas, but the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Display size instructions was what did it for me, thanks! All the other optoins had no effect here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place your curser on the top of your window and gently move it until you see it become a double ended arrow. Then use the arrow to minimize your screen from the top by moving the top of the screen down. When your screen has become shortened enough,  then pull the window up toward the top of screen. This allows you to become able see the bottom edge of your window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me, but when I hovered over the top right corner and used the arrow there it worked. We were all trained to pull from the bottom right corner for 30 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me and I appreciate the intuitive solution! The window size is a constant frustration since I frequently travel with my laptop and don't have my large monitor with me. THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the dark gray bar of the photoshop (just below the silver mac menu bar)  on the top of the window, then drag to the right. This will bring the red yello and green circles that we use to manage the window.

I had the exact same scenario and problem, and just figured out how can re-size window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating InDesign to CS2019, the window was way off the bottom, leaving no way to resize it.  My screen Display Settings is set on 125% because that's where I get the best resolution for my needs.  So I reset the Display Settings to 100%, relaunched InDesign and it fit the window.  Then I grabbed the corner and made it way smaller. I quit the program, reset my Display Settings to 125% and when I relaunched the program window the was at the way too small size and I was able to resize it to the way I like it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the Green Button on top of the window. If you can't see the green button, press the "F" key to put it into full screen - then press the Green Button.
Note that when you just press the F key, you do get Full Screen but it is not resizable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS! Such an easy answer. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OH yes! thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so the way I "fixed" this is by right clicking the window, minimize to symbol, click the symbol (which for me gave me a smaller window that was on screen), resize it, maximize and DONE. I dont know that this will always work but it worked for me. I'd like to add. adobe xxxxxxxxx

[crude language removed by moderator]

Guidelines & Tips for the Adobe Forums

"Be Respectful: This is a friendly & inviting community — any content that is not respectful of others will not be allowed."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

window-resize.png

 Put your cursor over the window bar (so it turns to the ma-bob shown). Resize. Done. Both Apple and Adobe are legacy product companies, which is meh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ding, ding, ding! THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the options on this forum worked for me, when the PS6 window got inot position with the red yellow and green buttons just off one of my two screens. WHAT DID WORK: I went into Apple System Preferences>Displays and checked the box for screen mirroring. This forced the window back into position on the screen. I centered it, went back into Syst Prefs and unchecked; all good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the green button.  Photoshop window so big I can't re-size the only way I know how, by dragging the corner with my mouse.  I can't get to the corner because for some reason, my Photshop (the latest version) is way too big.  Going crazy.  Thanks for any guidance you may be able to provide.  Can't work!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines