• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing for Print

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing sports posters for parents for baseball. The template I used on them was 16x20 but all but one of the posters my clients ordered were 12x18. When I take them to the Print Lab website they will not resize down properly. I tried resizing them down to 12x18 in PS CC but then they are distorted and some of them because of the style I can't crop. Is there any other way to get these to fit a 12x18 template without cropping or changing the size in Image Size and having them look stretched and distorted? Thank You!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

You can try using content aware scale. It may help get you part of the way there, but the results will depend on your design. Most likely you will need to scale the poster down to the smaller width size, and then recreate content to fill the extra space in the height.

If you created the poster, and you saved your working file in layers, it should be pretty easy to move things around to fill the space.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try using content aware scale. It may help get you part of the way there, but the results will depend on your design. Most likely you will need to scale the poster down to the smaller width size, and then recreate content to fill the extra space in the height.

If you created the poster, and you saved your working file in layers, it should be pretty easy to move things around to fill the space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your template is 4:5 ratio but the customer ordered 4:6. That means chopping off the sides or padding out the ends.

Try recreating the poster with your original image but using a 4:6 ratio. That's the best bet. Alternately, change the order to 12"x15" which is 4:5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines