• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing handles do not appear when copy/pasting Photoshop 7 images into Word 2021, Windows 11

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2024 Aug 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Photoshop 7, copying and pasting images into Word 2021 documents, the little round handles do not appear. Those handles enable resizing images in Word documents. Worked perfectly three months ago, last time I worked with images on Windows 11 laptop. The handles do appear for images copy/pasted from Windows Pictures into Word documents. Ran Windows Compatablility Troubleshooter which attempts to match old programs with current systems, no luck. Uninstalled/reinstalled Photoshop 7, no luck.

Bret
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The examples I posted failed to show the problem handles. Attached below is a screenshot showing the old-style little black square handles which appear but do not work. The new-style handles are round.

Bret

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd have to ask in a Microsoft Word forum.

Mostly, I'm surprised Photoshop 7 still works in Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop 7 works in Windows 11 (and does the simple stuff I need done). Happily the problem got solved by following one of the "tutorials & articles" which Adobe displayed below my initial post.  This was the solution:

Start in safe mode

Sometimes, third-party extensions and other utilities can interfere with Photoshop’s operation. If you start your computer in safe mode, third-party extensions and utilities are turned off, which can help solve your problem.

Bret

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines