• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right click and drag to adjust brush size is not working

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop 22.4.2. (Apple Silicon) on my M1 Mac Mini running on Big Sur 11.4, adjusting the brush size while right clicking is not possible. 

When right clicking and attempting to drag-adjust the brush size it only shows the normal window where I have to manually set the size & hardness.

Screenshot 2021-07-04 at 07.47.03.png

As I'm coming from Windows, where this always worked - did I miss something or is this a known bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

I thought I had the same issue, tried all different key press options except one... I feel so dumb but somehow didn't try this one:

CONTROL + OPTION + LEFT (!) CLICK

On Mac it's NOT right click 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For Windows the shortcut is ALT + right click and for the MAC it's OPT + CMD and click

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for the reply. Unfortunately, this doesn't work either. I also can't change the brush size using my Wacom Tablet. Usually on Windows it worked just fine when right clicking on the pen and then dragging it to adjust the brush size/hardness. Is there a possibility that Photoshop is misconfigured for Mac or something in the System Settings? I left everything on default so it seems unlikely to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try ctrl-alt click-dragging (edit: with the left button). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx but this doesn't work for me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) checked? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on that? Also comming from windows here, also M1. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I had the same issue, tried all different key press options except one... I feel so dumb but somehow didn't try this one:

CONTROL + OPTION + LEFT (!) CLICK

On Mac it's NOT right click 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks soo much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesn't work for me 😞 
also m1 mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can u please show us the settings ( i dont have the "left click' option on wacom tablet in settings.)  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe I had the same issue.. Coming from a PC this is blowing my mind (and my muscle memory)

(almost 2 years later:) Thank you so much hahaha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2 years later! I just bought my first M3 Pro macbook and coming from windows, without the ability to change brush size click draging digital art is a different sport. Thank you so much, had a tough couple of days looking for this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a way to solve it on my Mac M1: 

I've put click (nothing else) on the lower button of the pen and CTRL + Option on one of the buttons. It's work around, but it finally works! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I solved the problem on my M1 Mac: MacOS 13.3.1  Photoshop  24.4.1
  2. Go to Settings
  3. Search "zoom"
  4. Scroll down and double-click on 
  5. cutupguy_0-1683663073183.png
  6. Turn OFF;
    cutupguy_4-1683663650675.png

Remember to click OK!

This setting now allows adjusting the brush size and hardness with Ctrl & Option Left-click and drag.

This may be a bug in MacOS because I tried turning it on again and the result remained the same 😲.  A restart would probably cause the problem again, so leave it off and hit OK to lock it in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice bro, I got the same problem, but I don't understand where do you find the "settings", there's no one option on the Photoshop menu (bar). Can you pls be more specific 😞 .... thanks a lot anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey Folks I'm new to mac's previously working on windows. I can not fix this issue, using the wacom pen and tablet, how do i left click on the pen? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just click, right click should work with ctrl-clicking. 

Or assign the clicks to the button on the pen. 

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 18.00.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@c.pfaffenbichler Thx for comming back, unfortunatly its still not working for me. I have chosen right click on the bottom pens button, i tryed the click on the pens tip. Right click  + Ctrl. is not working, Opt + Ctrl+ Click and drag is also not working.  When right clicking i get the bush setting pop-up and when Opt+Ctrl+click and drag I'm duplicating the top layer.  

Any othe solutions please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When right clicking i get the bush setting pop-up

Well, isn’t that what right-click should accomplish for the Brush Tool? 

I might not understand what the problem is yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to increase the brush head size by Opt+Ctrl+cliclk and drag. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gB0AGmZs5o

I tried all of the community tips and solutions, but so far no luck for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the right-click does not combine with a modifier have you tried assigning multiple modifiers right away? 

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 17.00.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, you must be a PS/ WACOM / MAC Guru- hats off and Kudos to you for solving my biggest mistery of last few weeks! You should get a special badge - merry Xmas and thank you very much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines